Anyone planning on swapping screen on the rose gold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

just a thought.. those who bought two phones anyone thinking about swapping the screens? black/rose gold and white/space gray. i think it would be hot and really interesting how that would pan out..

can someone photoshop the two combo?

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I think that would look really nice, but then the problem is that you're stuck with a space gray phone with a white front which is a terrible combination. The only reason to buy space gray is for the black front, otherwise it just looks like silver.

3. sam2428 macrumors 6502

You could also just buy a replacement screen (when parts are available) and swap them out. No need to buy two phone unless you are already buying two.

I think a black front would look great with the rose gold. It would void the warranty though :/

4. EldonChew macrumors regular

rosegoldiphone6s.jpg

I forgot which thread I saved this from earlier LOL
    Credits to whoever created it!

5. ValO macrumors 65816

Or you get a black cinder and try to get a black touch id.
    Should also do the trick and doesn' t void warranty.

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

me too bwuahaha... anyways swap would work except the touch id wouldn't match since. they only release the rose gold touchID in white.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You won't get any clashing with the black TouchID ring on the black front though. I'd think the white antenna lines would prove distracting with the black front.

I hope that Apple will release the iPhone 7 in the proper rose gold color (copper, not pink!) and without the dumb antenna bands.

8. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Wow that looks awesome, they should make a black/rose gold and black/gold for the iPhone 7

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Though I don't think Touch ID would work any more if you did change the home button, so you would be stuck with the white/rose gold ring if you didn't just want to go back to a 'dumb' home button.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure only Apple have the means to change the home button and still have Touch ID function.

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I imagine this would be further complicated with the new 3D Touch. I would be too scared of it being ruined.

11. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

How hard is this to do, or have done for you? My mother was buried in a rose gold colored coffin, and so for sentimental reasons, I'm thinking I would like to have the rose gold colored iPhone in the future, especialy since I live 2000 miles from the grave site nowadays. But not if it has a white face.

12. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

13. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Go to Dbrand, and buy the front Matte Black, then go to Amazon and buy the Uhippo Home Button Sticker in Black. There you go. Gold/Rose Gold iPhone 6S with black face and home button for a price of $10.00.