Anyone planning to go with Three?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Locker, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Locker macrumors 6502

So, I have a 3G which I got on an 18 month contract with O2. I got it the day it came out, so needless to say my contract has ended.

I live in a rural area, and O2 is one of the only providers which has coverage. Orange and Vodafone I know are very ropey. T-Mobile is good here, but I've heard mixed stories about them... Three has excellent 3G coverage here (600kbps I get from my MiFi).

My concern about Three was their 2G coverage. However, I've read on Wikipedia that Three uses Orange for their 2G network - is this correct? If so, how is orange's 2G coverage? Obviously Three has the best 3G coverage, and Orange is quite popular, so it can't be too bad - right? And it'll only get better with this T-Mobile merge...

I just noticed that not many people are talking about signing up with Three on here, and I wondered why? I've heard they have shocking customer service but with my time with O2 I've never had to call them so that doesn't concern me too much.

So does anyone here want to go with Three?

2. Locker thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Locker thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there really nobody here thinking of going with Three?

4. Roobsa macrumors regular

I'm sure when Three release their tariff there will be quite a bit of talk about them. According to a linked blog yesterday (in the UK iPhone thread) Three are planning to undercut everyone so it'll be interesting to see what they come out with. I haven't fully decided on who I'll start a new contract with (I'm leaning towards Orange at the moment) so we'll just see what Three manage to pull out the bag!

5. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Due to the fact they haven't even released their tariffs yet, and they have a horrible reputation for their service, I don't currently plan to go with Three, no.

6. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I shrug when I think of ordering an iPhone through Three, they'll probably send me some old Nokia.

7. Robbie G macrumors member

I currently have a SIM only plan with Three and I'll be cutting it down to fit the iPhone 4:D

8. leehal macrumors member

Me!

I have tried both Orange and O2 with my iPhone 3G and haven't been impressed with either the call or data coverage where I live. I went with Three on my iPad and have a brilliant data connection in all of the areas of the north east I have travelled to, hoping the call coverage is just as good.

I have gone sim free for my iPhone 4 and am hoping I can get my hands on a decent pay as you go option from Three for my handset.

You are not alone!

9. Skengman macrumors member

Skengman

Since three are rumoured to be waiting for everyone to release their prices, and then undercut them all, it would be silly to not even consider it. source

The only reason I am thinking that I might not go with three is that as much as o2 have pissed me off with this data nonsense, their customer service is second to none, and o2 insurance is excellent for someone like me who tends to lose their phone a lot :(

Literally next day courier delivery of a brand new boxed phone, to whatever address you give them (not just billing address).

It's expensive, but it cannot be faulted in any other way, and I have had bad experience with other phone insurance before.