Anyone play World Maths Day (Mathletics) here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by doubleohseven, Mar 11, 2008.

1. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Well, does anyone play World Maths Day here? It's now known as Mathletics, since WMD is over. Do you play through school or for your country? The game is mainly targeted for school-age kids, but teachers play too, which is freaky :eek:.

Here's my stats so far; the number of correct answers is always increasing. :D

Attached Files:

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

My brother is on that all the time, he says its closing this month though.

3. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

OH. MY. SOUL.
    when I saw this thread i said ZOMG :eek:
    a conspiracy that world maths day is actually brain washing kids and making maths fun is actually WMD - weapons of mass destructions. yeah anyway.

yes indeed. you're not alone. i played that stuff and almost all of the time i get 1st place :)
    however this doesn't work as nicely on a laptop as with a desktop (num pad).

teachers don't play them. we were told that if you haven't already created an avatar we can just use the school account i.e. teacher to play, since it's time consuming to choose a face for the duration of the maths period.

on that day (8 March I think) that server was stuffed with people (mathletes) it loaded soooooo slowly... bah, whatever. first time i felt disappointed for maths.

people actually cheat in this game. my friend wanted me to shout out the answers to him so he can type them without thinking. hehe... other guys used calculators but that is definitely slower than thinking.

yeah well that's all, the next maths related day is the 14 March, which is Pi day :) (3.14 lol)