Anyone played Final Fantasy Games on iPad yet?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by flipangle, May 16, 2010.

1. flipangle macrumors regular

Just curious if these game look good in 2x mode. Loved the FF games on the consoles and just can't bear waiting for Square Enix to release iPad versions. Thanks.

2. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

Don't be hasty, they're working on Chaos Rings HD right now.

3. Macjames macrumors 6502a

This is Final Fantasy 2, I must say it looked good and I might keep it on my iPad!

Edit: I can do you a video if you want?

Attached Files:

4. flipangle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for taking the time to post the screenshots. Very helpful. How do you do screen capture on the iPad anyways? I may want to use it to help others in the same way that you helped me. Thanks.

5. flipangle thread starter macrumors regular

By the way, have you played both Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II? I'm just curious which one I should buy. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Final Fantasy III, my favorite game of all time!

6. Macjames macrumors 6502a

No problem, to take a screenshot press simultaneously the home and lock buttons, the screen should flash white and make a noise to indicate it has taken a screenshot.

As for which is better, thats tough, FF2 is more story driven than the first but in terms of gameplay there both similar. However its level up system is quite different where the characters' statistics increase according to how they are used. Overall I would go for 2.

7. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Personally, FF1 was funner for me. As both are very complex games, FF2 is a bit too complex for me and I just get a headache.

8. ddragovi macrumors newbie

Those screen shots look pretty good

I'd love to see a traditional style made for iPad rpg game. Having played those ff games already I am hesitant to pay for them. I will just keep wishing for a fallout game designed for the iPad :D