Anyone playing CounterStrike?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thegrandmaster, Aug 5, 2007.

1. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if any of y'all on the forum play CS Source in Bootcamp. My friends are huge fans and I'm thinking about getting a copy, but due to my bad experiences of trying to play C&C First Decade online (it tells me I'm not connected to the internet, when I am!) I'm slightly apprehensive about playing a game that's solely online.

Anyone have any experiences of playing CS on a SR MBP?

2. Stopsignguy macrumors member

Runs at 100fps and no lag (I'm on DSL). What else do you need to know? An 8 year old game on a new laptop, I don't see what the problem could be. If your afraid of network issues, use an ethernet cable? Internet in Bootcamp seem pretty stable to me.

3. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Yes, no issues at all - I'd love the creators to make a universal version though like a number of top games nowadays. I hate having to log out of OSX and booting into Windows - makes me feel a queesy and plurrr. Come on Steam and Valve etc.

4. holland macrumors newbie

That would be sweet if Valve made their games compatible with Mac but that will never happen...along time ago they almost made a Half-Life port for Mac but then it got cancelled

5. thegrandmaster thread starter macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

The main reason I'm worried is cause Red Alert 2 fags me around no end by refusing to connect to the internet, then again Generals works, so it can't be that bad. :)

I may well be joining the CS fraternity some time soon the! :D

6. GoxKok macrumors member

GoxKok

Yea dude I run CS source and it runs without any flaws. In half life 2 campaign it automatically set my stats to highedt on everything except AA so cheers!

What a good game!

MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa

7. jellz macrumors regular

only baddies play cs source. play a game that takes skills. cs 1.6 ftw!

8. dynamit macrumors newbie

Agreed