Anyone Playing DOW2 on a boot partition

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Acorn, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

The Warhammer Dawn of War 2 open beta is out. I was wondering if anyone was running this on one of the new macs on a boot partition. how does it run. is it playable? im in the middle of downloading it now.

anyone wants to see a gameplay video you can see a entire developer 3 on 3 match here

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blogs/?p=476

2. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

I tried it on a spare machine I had.

specs 2.1 ghz 3 gig ram 256 Nvidia Gforce 9300m G

no issues at all. I played at medium settings. to test i hosted my own game and played against the computer a few times. there is alot of micro managing. not to many upgrades. your constantly active bouncing between troops trying to keep everyone busy. its very easy for the game to flip favors at the last minute depending what they were doing too.

the only slow down i got was when i set off my own ae effect. it wasnt bad since this doesnt happen very often at all. considering a 9300 isnt exactly a screaming gpu im happy with it.

This is very satisfying game to keep busy with until starcraft 2 at the very least. it also makes me want to try the first one for more in game upgrades.

3. whitlecj macrumors member

I tried it on my 2008 imac and it ran great. I have the nvidia card. Not really my type of game but it did run well.