Anyone playing WoW on a 2012 MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by creationtwenty2, Oct 3, 2012.

1. creationtwenty2 macrumors member

Hey guys,

I'm currently contemplating a MBA 13" purchase. Long story short, I currently have a 15" MBP which I use for work but I'm just about to start a PhD so the next few years are basically going to involve a lot of writing/reading and I no longer need the extra power of the MBP.

I absolutely love the MBA, primarily for the portability but also the SSD.

I'm just curious as to how it runs WoW... funny question I know, but it's the one game I play every so often on my Mac and I was just wondering how it runs on the 2012 13", specifically the 1.8Ghz with 8GB RAM.

Thanks

2. Orderbychaos macrumors newbie

Orderbychaos

I purchased my Macbook Air 13in While thinking the Same "How Does it Run WOW".. Well My Experience Has been Pretty Good So Far.. I play with the Settings on Good and Usually get anywhere from 40-60 FPS That is depending on the Area.. It does get choppy from time to time But Im rather impressed with the Air For wow.. It does get a little Hot From Gameplay So I usually take a 15 Min break every hour to let it properly cool.. But I have Ran a few dungeons and Some Quests but I usually use it at school So Not a lot of time To play on it.. but for Everyday wow Playing I love it.. But one Recommendation I would make is a External Mouse.. But thats a Given.. good luck and let me know how your experience turns out...

My MBA only had 4 GB of Ram Hope that Helps

3. WesCole macrumors 6502a

My Air run WoW pretty well. I don't play that often anymore, but the few times I tried it, I got pretty good FPS (40+) with Good settings. I haven't tried it with higher settings, but I am sure it would still be playable at High...

4. JCL macrumors member

WoW runs fine as long as you turn off/down the unnecessary video options (shadow, sunshaft, etc...). Also expect your machine to get hot.

5. creationtwenty2 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated.

Sounds great, looks like I'll make the purchase!