Anyone ported from Vodafone to O2 (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cjbryce, Jul 30, 2008.

1. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Got the PAC and all that and gave it to CPW on Saturday when I bought the iPhone - O2 said number port would take place today.

My iPhone now shows my "old" number as its CLID when I call other mobiles or landlines but texts are still going to my old phone which still shows "vodafone UK" as the provider.

Calling my "old" number from a landline gets a pre-recorded "The number you have called isn't recognised" message and calls from mobiles are just cut off with no message.

I guess the transfer is half-way through or something but it's been like this for a couple of hours now - anyone any idea how long it should take?

2. angrywaiter macrumors member

Yep same here.

Went over at 10am. By 1pm it was sorted for calls.

Think I had to call O2 and they reset the text messages as they weren't getting through.

Good luck. You should be fine

Also make sure you turn off the voicemail via the number 2150 and then re-enable it by the 2160 code (can't remember which is on and which one is off sorry !!)

3. cjbryce thread starter macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Thanks - I'll give it another hour or two and then call O2.

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I had to wait a couple of days after giving O2 my PAC but the actual transfer was very fast - happened while I was out to lunch so would have taken an hour maximum, probably less

5. alexboy45 macrumors regular

i had the same problem when i originally moved from vodafone. i called o2 and they said they were waiting for vodafone to migrate the number. so i called vodafone from my VF phone and they said that it was o2. but as if by magic when i was on the phone to VF the phone went dead and the number transfered. i think VF are just slow

6. cjbryce thread starter macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Emailed O2 and within the hour it was working fine - I guess it's just a slow process especially when it's likely many 100s of people are doing the same having also bought a phone at the weekend.

7. kevlong macrumors newbie

The only problem that I had was that the number port took place before my iPhone 3g was shipped!!

Kevlong

8. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Yep done on the day said, took 3 days and turned on new sim and old one went dead.

9. Bendy Walker macrumors regular

Bendy Walker

Hmm... well you all seem to have smooth experiences with this.

I've had 'no service' for just over 24 hours now. O2 said it would be done within 24 hours, and yeah... apparently not. I'm going out today, and I've now got no way of getting in touch with anyone. Should I ring O2 again, or just hope it happens over the course of today?:confused: