Carrier Anyone Pre Order iPad Air 2 from Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by metzy25, Oct 19, 2014.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Has anyone pre ordered a iPad air 2 from verizon? Ive been searching through the forums and can't find anyone that has. I ended up pre ordering one through Verizon, and for some reason the ship date is 10/31, tho the release date is this coming week. Anyone know the reason for this?

2. rotation macrumors member

rotation

Why would anybody do this? Its a carrier nuetral device. Unless Verizon is somehow subsidizing your tablet LOL

3. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Verizon is subsidizing. It looks like $100 off with a two year contract.

For the OP, Verizon tells you the available date on their website:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413754146.748952.jpg

4. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

what exactly is funny? verizon offers edge on tablets, so i didn't have to pay the full amount out of pocket. And i plan on keeping the air 2 for a few years, so in my situation verizon edge on the tablet is perfect for me.

5. rotation macrumors member

rotation

That's a horrible deal. That contract is worth thousands.

6. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Thats what the ship date is for my air 2, i just don't understand why its a week after the iPad launches. I ordered right when pre orders went up so i know its not limited stock, or shipping dates slipped

7. rotation macrumors member

rotation

So you will sign a 2 year contract requiring you to pay so many $ a month for basically the lifetime of the device?

Perhaps you've done the math, but in the past these kind of deals (I've seen) end up screwing people just to save a buck.

8. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Verizon edge isn't a contract. Instead of paying $629 right out of pocket, i am paying $629 over several months. Its the same thing as buying a iPad with a credit card. You can pay it off whenever you want.

9. rotation macrumors member

rotation

Interesting, I've never heard of this.

Sadly I'm stuck on contract with ATT with my 5s because of family. It's pretty cheap to add another 3GB data to our collective cap but I wonder about this.

10. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Its pretty nice having this option. Especially not having an extra charges.

11. Dgoins1 macrumors regular

I did edge too hope they ship sooner than that 10/31 I'll keep my eye on my iconic page

12. paula6989 macrumors newbie

Also ordered Edge and have a ship date of 10/31. Bummer. :(

13. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

10/31 just seems odd since they are released this week! Hopefully they ship sooner.

14. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

It's a practical way of purchasing the unit. Pay over time and get a new one in two years or so.

Verizon sucks in so many ways but they are giving $100 bucks off for a 2 year contract.

15. jplevine macrumors member

I ordered through Verizon to save the $100 as well. Either way I pay $10/month to put on my account, so might as well save the $100.

I too am disappointed they don't ship until 10/31. I just called customer service for our small business account and confirmed again that date. I don't understand why the delay when for iPhones, they ship same day as Apple ships to customers. Curious to hear if others have heard this. VZW said I could purchase from Apple, but I wouldn't get the $100 savings (I'll wait the extra week).

16. flur macrumors 68000

To be clear, you still have to sign a 2-year contract to do Edge, and you don't get a device discount. The only benefit is that you don't have to pay in full for the device upfront.

With the regular 2-year (non-Edge) contract, you get $100 off the device. If you already have a share plan, this can be a good deal as it only costs $10 to add the device to your plan.

17. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

To be clear, you still have to sign a 2-year contract to do Edge, and you don't get a device discount. The only benefit is that you don't have to pay in full for the device upfront.
    With the regular 2-year (non-Edge) contract, you get $100 off the device. If you already have a share plan, this can be a good deal as it only costs $10 to add the device to your plan.[/QUOTE

You have two years to pay it off, but you can pay it off at anytime. So really it isn't a contact.

18. flur macrumors 68000

You have to keep service with them for 2 years, regardless of when you pay off the device.

19. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

i payed off my old iPad air which was on edge, and cancelled the entire line, way before two years. If you only have 1 device on your plan then you need to keep the line?

20. flur macrumors 68000

Yep.

From the FAQ:
    Does the Verizon Edge program require an agreement?

Yes, when you participate in the Verizon Edge program, you will enter a 24-month Verizon Edge Agreement. However, this agreement is different from traditional 2-year service contracts because you can upgrade after 30 days with Edge, provided you have paid for 75% of the device and return your existing device in good working condition. Customers must have and maintain a Verizon Wireless service agreement when they purchase a device under Verizon Edge.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/Equipment/vz-edge.html

21. Dgoins1 macrumors regular

22. jplevine macrumors member

Mine now says completed, but no updated ship date or tracking information.

23. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

24. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Did you order from Verizon? And did you receive a email saying it shipped?

25. jplevine macrumors member

My order now has a Fedex tracking # (ordered through Verizon small business account). I imagine it will go out tomorrow and be delivered Tuesday as it is supposed to be overnight shipping.