iPad Anyone Pre-Order via Best Buy yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Faitt, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Faitt macrumors member

I've got a few gift cards to burn and I would rather pick up in store. I want the 64GB Wifi Space-Grey Air 2, but they don't seem to be showing up on the site.

2. macduke Suspended

macduke

I've never bought an iPad retail on launch day. I'm holding out for news on the RAM. Do you really have to preorder for retail now? I figured if I showed up early to BB I could just pick one up, assuming they get adequate stock.

3. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

I did, Ship estimate 24-29....

traded in my ipad 3, so now no ipad for at least a week:confused::(

4. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502

Where did you trade in your iPad 3? Best Buy..cause I think that is probably what I am going to do with my Ipad 4

5. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

Yes, that's where I traded it in.

Now to play the waiting game.

6. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502

Since your familiar with the whole trade in process..for me it shows that I will get 287.00 for my iPad 4..so if I bring it in next week(assuming that the price has not gone lower) they will give me a gift card right on the spot, and I can go home and use it when I please, and whatever the difference that I Have to add I can use another credit card?

7. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

Yes to all of the above.

8. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

They'll totally have a bunch in stock at the store on launch.

I remember when the Airs came out last year, Best Buy had stacks among stacks of them of nearly all models (except the max capacity, I think those are rarer for retail).

They launched worldwide with these so I don't think there will ever be supply issues. Last year the Mini Retina was pretty tough to find, but that was due to constraints on the supply. You'll totally be all right going into the store on the launch day and picking up one.

9. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I ordered using my bestbuy gift card from selling my Air and put the balance on my credit card. I will pick it up in the store on 10/24 per confirmation email.

10. uwdude macrumors 6502a

I did preorder an iPad Air 2 from a local Best Buy for pickup in store. I noticed that some of the busier stores in the area were saying not available, so I went with a store that is close but in a suburban area. So I guess we will see.

I thought it was funny that at first it was saying pickup on Thurs. the 23rd, but then they sent out an email saying the launch date had been changed to the 24th. So there must be some scrambling going on with the retailers setting this all up.

11. JTravers macrumors 6502a

The Space Grey 64GB is mislabeled on their site.
    Here's the link to it.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-ipad-air-2-with-wi-fi-64gb-silver-white/3313043.p

It says Silver/White, but if you look at the model (MGKL2LL/A) it's actually the Space Grey.