Anyone preordered previous releases from Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Cash on hand has run low for me this month as i just had to spend $5300 for a brand new motor/install for my wifes car!! :mad: I'd rather not spend any extra i have at the moment and just charge since it I will pay it off in a couple months anyway.

So anyway, i am resorted to charging the iphone 5 to my BB card most likely. I am not eligible for upgrade so i will be purchasing at full price. Does anyone know how there system works?

Are they even allowed preorders like on the Apple and AT&T sites in past years? or was this only for the carriers?

What if i skip the preorders, do they usually have a decent stalk on hand on launch day?

Thanks for any info!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I do not know about pre-ordering from BB. But I did purchase my wife's iPad 2 at the local BestBuy store on launch day, and did pay with the BB credit card.
    The caveats are:
    Quantities of the high runners are limited, I wanted to buy a White 32GB Wi-Fi iPad 2, and they only had 64GB or 16GB.
    The way the distribute them: they form a line of customers, and then hand them vouchers based on their models availability, they start from the first in line and go all the way through the line.
    So basically a first come, first serve service.
    I believe the have the same amount of devices per model, and they will run out of the high demand ones first.
    After they hand the vouchers the line start to move and you get what you chose , have some time to get some accessories and then pay.
    They will always push the sale of black tie protection, and any other service they offer.
    The accessories quantities also are some kind of limited.

If they run out of them (devices and accessories) I think they might take pre-orders after the launch day, but I am not sure if this is right or how they exactly do it.

3. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

Why in the world are you getting the iPhone 5 if that's the situation you're in? Maybe it's time to realize you don't HAVE to have the latest and greatest on release day. Stick with your current phone until you have the money, instead of blowing the full early upgrade price.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Paying full price (not early upgrade price even) on something that doesn't even exist when you clearly can't afford it right now. Why?? What us the driving force?? And borrowing money to do it?

Of course the answer is who am I to judge.....

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 from Best Buy since I had $200 in Reward Zone certificates. I was around 10 on the waiting list when I reserved it. On launch day or the day before, they'll give you a call if your phone has come in and ready for pick-up, or you can call them. Also, they had different lists for 16GB and 32GB phones and they seem to have more 16GB stock in hand and few on the waiting list. I wasn't able to get mine on launch day, since they had run out, but they called later that day and said a new shipment just came in to replenish their stock (original stock shipment came a day prior to launch). So, I was able to get mine. It was rather painless, there was no waiting at all, I came in, sat down with the BB mobile guy, went through activation, contract, etc then walked out all in less than 15 minutes.

6. DarkJello macrumors member

I'm interested in other peoples responses as well since I will most likely buy from a bestbuy

7. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Lol you guys need to relax, I can't afford it? I stated I could but would rather not spend that money up front. For the questions as to why I would pay full price?...umm because I will sell my iPhone 4 and end up paying $300-$400 for the iPhone in the end. $300 is what I would pay for 32gb upgrade anyway...

There are perks to buying things with your credit cards ya know...example, I paid for my TV this year on my BB card, $3800, I ended up getting all these extra and $100 in rewards that I used later on to buy other things. Then I paid the TV off the next month ;)