Anyone purchase AppleCare+ and Securranty for TL?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TazExprez, Oct 15, 2011.

1. TazExprez macrumors member

In 2003 I bought a Dell Inspiron 8600 for about $2400.00. I purchase it with a 3 year CompleteCare warranty that had accidental protection. I also bought a 1 year Safeware warranty. The Safeware warranty overlapped the Dell CompleteCare warranty since it also had accidental protection. I bought the Safeware warranty for 1 year because it had loss and theft protection.

I am thinking about getting the AppleCare+ warranty and the Securranty loss and theft warranty. I was thinking of getting either the $49.00 1 year warranty, or the 2 year $69.00 warranty. I do not want any other coverage from them because I prefer to go to an Apple Store for hardware repairs.

What do you think? Thanks for any help.

Btw, I am considering Securranty since they seem to be the only ones that allow you to purchase theft and loss separate from accidental damage and the extended warranty.

2. TazExprez thread starter macrumors member

3. jyentile macrumors newbie

I'm actually contemplating doing the same thing, but the lack of information (REVIEWS) of the claims process with Securranty makes me nervous (this forum post was one of the few discussions about them a Google search brings up). They haven't been around very long... Did you end up buying the TL coverage from them?

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Nope.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Have you compared against adding personal electronics loss/theft coverage to your homeowners / renters insurance policy?