Anyone Purchase in a Mall?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DWrightsGirlx26, Jul 11, 2008.

1. DWrightsGirlx26 macrumors newbie

Did anyone purchase their iPhone today in a mall? I am planning on going to an indoor mall tomorrow, and there is no outside door to the Apple store - it is only accessible from inside. Thus, my thoughts are that this will prevent a huge line from forming at 3am. Am I right to think this way, or no? After a horrible experience with AT&T today, I don't think I have the patience to go back!!

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Yes, from an Apple store at a mall; no, the line just formed outside the mall, and was let inside the mall to the interior line when they unlocked the doors.

3. robhedin macrumors regular

No line issues at the Apple store in Tampa (International Plaza).

It was much, much busier than last year, but that's due to the attempted in-store activation. The line moved slowly, but it did move.

rob.

4. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Yes I bought at a mall, security wouldn't let people camp out, people showed up at 3AM and started a line with chairs.

5. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I know of this one little Fido store tucked in the back of this deserted mall, its one of like 8 downtown, but the only one without a corresponding structure above ground to correlate with the underground stores so really.... NO ONE GOES. Showed up ten minutes before the door opened, one person there, was also smart and knew no one would be here (everywhere else lines.... whoof). I was happy to hear that he had ordered 50 iPhones, although he said he had his target slashed to 35 the week before from the other person in anticipation of getting hte 16GB I missed out on standing in line at 5:30 in the morning (yeah there were only 10.... ridiculous... and this was about 10:00). But the guy shows up and he only recieved 4 8GB the night before. I debated for a bit but figured, hell, I'm not going to use it and rather have it now! So I got it. One of the lucky ones though. With only 4 Phones, he had a much easier time dealing with lines. :p No wait no nothing, after of course the Fido server came back up or from the bring of failure due to sheer traffic 5 hours later, yeah..... I basically had to walk around the mall for 5 hours while the guy held the iPhone.....

But in the end, it is mine!