Anyone purchase "The Imitation Game" when it came out?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jbass, Dec 11, 2018.

1. jbass macrumors newbie

Looks like at some point in the past year that changed the "Content ID" of "The Imitation Game" from 951103573, as you can see here ( https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=264290 ) to 1217935395. Now when I browse to "The Imitation Game" in the TV app on my phone it instructs me to purchase this content, even though it still shows up on my iTunes purchased content on my desktop and in my account purchase history. I'm curious if anyone else purchased this movie in the first few months it was available and if they experience the same behavior in the TV app. I've been having ongoing conversations with Apple Support but they do not seem to be inclined to help.

2. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Yes, same issue here. They've done this with a handful of movies I've noticed... The Imitation Game, The Hateful Eight, Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained. I've contacted iTunes support about this issue too, but there's unfortunately nothing they've been able to do to fix it.

3. PilotC150 macrumors member

Does this mean you can't watch movies that you've paid for?

4. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I can still watch them, it just takes a few extra steps to find the "version" I own.

5. 6AL5 macrumors member

Would you mind sharing those extra step's as I have lost American Made since purchasing it on release....

6. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

You have to manually scroll through your purchases and find it (on tvOS and iOS). macOS is easier and you can search iTunes, and then use airplay to watch on the Apple TV.

If you still can't find it, check your hidden purchases (in your iTunes account settings). It may have somehow ended up there.

7. jbass thread starter macrumors newbie

Formal response from Apple support:

Thank you for your reply. If you didn’t save a copy to your local hard drive on a computer, or backed up this purchase to an external drive, you likely will not be able to watch this on your Apple TV or other device if it was not saved to your local hard drive on a computer or device. If you did back up your purchase and are able to see the item in your iTunes Store Library on a computer or are able to obtain it from another device that you can import into your iTunes Library in the form of a back up, I recommend Home Sharing to view this on your Apple TV.

Get help with Home Sharing for iTunes libraries
    https://support.apple.com/HT203311