Anyone purchase the latest Mac Superbundle - experience with their return policy?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VirtualRain, Feb 7, 2012.

1. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Has anyone purchased the latest Mac Superbundle?

Does the software update via the Mac App store or do you have to manually check for updates and apply them for the apps in the bundle?

Also, has anyone had any experience with this Nova company's return policy? It says they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. In my case, I may need to return it if Parallels doesn't allow me to do what I need. I asked a chat agent for their T&C's and she couldn't provide them... you can only see them after you check out! :rolleyes:

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

What do you need Parallels to do? The last time I purchased these types of bundles everything worked fine but you got the serial numbers from them; they do NOT update via the AppStore.

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

You can download Parallels and test it 30 days for free. Test quickly so you can still buy the bundle before it expires. You can use the serial number you get from the bundle on the trial install to make it permanent.

4. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Only software you get *from* the MAS will update *through* the MAS.

5. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I'll also add the Parallels checks regularly with the Nova site for updates and will download them automatically. Better than either manual download or having to visit the App Store occasionally.

6. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Nova has great support, IMHO, on a product that is pretty complex. You're getting a great deal on that bundle, but just try before you buy. The beauty of a virtual machine is you can just chuck it if it doesn't work.

Rob

7. VirtualRain thread starter macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Thanks for the comments. In my case, I won't have an opportunity to try it much before the offer expires. I need it to run Microsoft Live Meeting for work and I won't be able to get it setup and tested at least until the end of the week. If Nova's support is considered good, then I'll probably go for the bundle.

8. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Just an FYI on my experience with support for Parallels. I had been running Parallels since the day it started shipping. After a few upgrades and time went by; something happened and I could no longer boot any of my virtual machines, in fact the tools would crash immediately. (Days of Parallels 4 actually)

I did everything I could; new virtual machines, re-installed the software, even to the point of reformatting the hard drive. . . nada, crash, crash, crash. I finally broke down and contacted tech support that had me re-do most of what I did an finally their professional answer was, "Donno. Buy version 5 it will be out shortly, that should fix your problem." Of course I didn't buy 5, I did download the trial when it came out and, no it didn't fix my problem.

I've never used their product again. I switch to Fusion and have never had a problem.

9. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

I have parallels 7 (bought this bundle) and it lets me connect to my work PC thorough a VM and Juniper both. It works flawlessly for everything I have tried it for.

My company doesn't "support" macs so they make a point of not including it in stuff like that so bootcamp would not allow me to connect to the VM.

I think you should be very impressed with Parallels. I am more than impressed with my first use of it (been using it for about 1.5 weeks now)