Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
They have some solid deals on the new macbooks (might have just let the cat outa the bag), but their ratings on resellerratings.com are less than stellar...

Just wondering if others had experience with them?

Any other recommendations?

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
They have some solid deals on the new macbooks (might have just let the cat outa the bag), but their ratings on resellerratings.com are less than stellar...

Just wondering if others had experience with them?

Any other recommendations?

I purchased my MacPro from them earlier this year. Everything was perfect and the shipping was speedy as expected. I would highly recommend them. :D

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I have bought from them before. They are reputable in that they are authorized Apple resellers. You will get your rebate too.

One warning though. Whatever they send you is yours. No refunds or exchanges even if it arrives DOA. I know this from personal experience. Also Apple will not offer to replace the machine either, only repair it.

I think a better alternative is Amazon. They also have rebates on older models going and they will replace a DOA machine. Similarly, if you go to Apple's online clearance page (not the refurb, but clearance of new merch) they also have reduced prices on some of the old models. And of course they will replace DOA machines as well.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I have bought from them before. They are reputable in that they are authorized Apple resellers. You will get your rebate too.

One warning though. Whatever they send you is yours. No refunds or exchanges even if it arrives DOA. I know this from personal experience. Also Apple will not offer to replace the machine either, only repair it.

I think a better alternative is Amazon. They also have rebates on older models going and they will replace a DOA machine. Similarly, if you go to Apple's online clearance page (not the refurb, but clearance of new merch) they also have reduced prices on some of the old models. And of course they will replace DOA machines as well.

:confused: Is that even legal? If i pay for a working computer and receive a hunk of metal and plastic, I'm not getting what I've paid for...

Amazon is the other option I've been considering. Might just go with that.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma

I wonder how they can get away with this? Don't sellers have to replace something that is just plain DOA?

I used to buy from them, but stopped due to lack of customer service.

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California
I purchased 7 Macs from them over a lot of years and the price has been great as well as delivery. There was no tax (7.5%) and free shipping.I have had Apple computers since 1980 (Apple ll) and have never had any problems with any of them, so I can't say how MacConnection handles problems. If you are worried about that, buy from Apple direct.:)

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I wonder how they can get away with this? Don't sellers have to replace something that is just plain DOA?

I used to buy from them, but stopped due to lack of customer service.

munckee said:
Is that even legal? If i pay for a working computer and receive a hunk of metal and plastic, I'm not getting what I've paid for...

Amazon is the other option I've been considering. Might just go with that.

Yes, it's legal. They get away with it because if you look closely at their return policy (something I did not do, I admit) it states all Apple purchases are non-returnable and all claims must be directed to Apple warranty service, not them. Sucks, but completely legal.

darcytu

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
I went ahead and took the risk. I saved $231 after rebate (vs. buying from Apple and paying sales tax) on my MacBook which will pay for a nice portion of ram and hard drive upgrades. I guess if it arrives DOA, I'll just deal with the Apple Store genius.

I've bought all my Macs online and the only one that had a problem was a Pismo PowerBook (pre-Apple Store days). It wasn't DOA, but the fan ran continuously. Apple sent me a new one and a pre-paid box to return the old one. Their customer service was amazing back then, so I'm hoping it hasn't fallen off!

darcytu

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Just an update, my new MacBook arrived in perfect condition, two days after ordering it. Love it! I've already sent in my rebate form, and I hope that goes smoothly. At any rate, I'm glad I saved the sales tax.;)

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
+1 for Amazon purchase.

I ordered a Airport Extreme N from MacConnection and the experience could be described as unremarkable. It was just like shopping at any other retailer.

I ordered a Macbook Air from Amazon and they were very understanding when I had to return it due to some issues with it. Amazon even refunded my UPS return shipping costs.

sasukekun

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2008
I just bought a 2.4 GHZ version new Macbook Pro from them. Everything looks good so far. They honored my credit fraud alert and called me to verify the purchase. They also confirmed it would ship out today.

Here is my breakdown

Macbook Pro = 1899$ -150$ MIR = 1750$
Vmware Fusion = 69.95$ - 69.95$ MIR = FREE
Saturday Delivery = 140$
NO TAX = YAY

Total = $1890
Total at Apple Store (2146$ after tax) and no Saturday delivery available. (VMware Fusion would have been another 58.00+tax+shipping)

hayas

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2009
Quick Question, did you get your rebate back from PC Connection for the purchase?

Just an update, my new MacBook arrived in perfect condition, two days after ordering it. Love it! I've already sent in my rebate form, and I hope that goes smoothly. At any rate, I'm glad I saved the sales tax.;)

hayas

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2009
Quick Question, did you get your rebate from PC Connection from your purchasing?

I just bought a 2.4 GHZ version new Macbook Pro from them. Everything looks good so far. They honored my credit fraud alert and called me to verify the purchase. They also confirmed it would ship out today.

Here is my breakdown

Macbook Pro = 1899$ -150$ MIR = 1750$
Vmware Fusion = 69.95$ - 69.95$ MIR = FREE
Saturday Delivery = 140$
NO TAX = YAY

Total = $1890
Total at Apple Store (2146$ after tax) and no Saturday delivery available. (VMware Fusion would have been another 58.00+tax+shipping)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.