Anyone purchased from "maceffects" on ebay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by munckee, Jul 25, 2008.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

So I've seen the maceffects dashmini on ebay for years and finally decided to bite the bullet and buy two for an upcoming room renovation. I contacted the seller through the "best offer" option and went through the motions. Unfortunately, it appears that I may have been suckered. Both email addresses I've contacted are suddenly not found by their servers (emails are bouncing back) and I noticed this morning that the confirmation emails I responded to in order to go through with the transaction didn't actually appear in my ebay messages, only in my email inbox. Feeling like I've probably been suckered outa $60.

Has anyone had decent luck buying from this guy?

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have never bought from them, but they have 98.7% feedback. But their most recent was a negative, the guy paid and never received. I would wait a few weeks because they could just be having some problems, or maybe the person running it is on vacation and is blocking all incoming emails.

3. aosman macrumors 6502

I agree. I would wait and see how that situation may be resolved before going for it.

4. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I've ALREADY paid for two items. I received an extremely prompt email with an invoice and directions on how to pay, but I've had no contact since and my emails to them are being bounced.

5. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, just to add closure, these showed up today. Communication post-purchase was non-existent (as I'm sure this thread has established), as was any protective packaging inside the shipping box, but I did get what I ordered.