Anyone purchased the HandHeldItems Padshell?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by munckee, Apr 8, 2010.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

Noticed the link here on MR: http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-c...ate-padshellor-case-clear-black-p-132383.html

I'm looking for a cheaper protective layer for the back of the iPad that will still be easy to slide into an InCase sleeve (still debating the zip vs. slip version). I'm afraid a silicone case will make it difficult to slip in and out of the case, so I'm leaning more toward a hard plastic piece. Anyone have experience they'd like to share?

2. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I ordered one 2 days ago. Waiting for it to ship. Also interested to hear if some has one yet.

Update...Left CA yesterday via USPS.

3. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I'm glad you asked this question because I'm also considering this case. Can't beat the price but what concerns me is would I face the same issue with that case as I do now with my current case. My current case forces me to pull the bottom back to plug in the 30 pin connector.

4. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

5. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

I bought the clear one just a moment ago. I'll let you know what I think of it. :)

John

6. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Ordered the clear one on Tuesday and received it Friday. Overall, I think the case priced right. It was $19.99 and came with a screen protector.

The case does not cover the silver bezel. It doesn't add any noticeable bulk to the iPad. Everything is easily accessible. After just a few days of heavy use there are some scratches on the back but that doesn't surprise me. I miss the grips of the Incase cover though. Holding it for an extended period of time does get uncomfortable. The finish on the side cutouts are very disappointing. Some edges are sharp and will need to be filed down.

I think if someone is looking for scratch protection for the back of the pad, this is a good case. I wouldn't have paid more than 19.99 for it. This case isn't going to offer much (if any) protection from a fall.

The screen protector that came with it is thick. Not what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be more like a Steinheil film but this one is much thicker and stiff. I'm not surenif I will be putting it on.

I'll try to post some pictures later. I'm working on making my own folio type case today.

7. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I just got the rubberized back cover in the mail today- $19.99 w/screen protector. Unfortunately it does not fit right- just a little too small across the back, making it not wrap around correctly on one side.

I got it just to hold me over until I figure out exactly what case to get - it will serve that purpose well enough. I feel much more comfortable holding the thing now though as the rubbery feel makes it less likely to slip out of your hands.

8. danny_w macrumors 601

The rubbery feel is exactly why I like the Apple case (it does make it much easier to hold and much safer), plus the easel feature. I thought about one of these cases but in the end just went to the Apple store and picked from what they had.

9. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

Too bad. I was digging the red version.

10. dojoman macrumors 65816

Not to bad mouth this retailer but HHI cases are mostly junk. they are the same as ebay stuff, made and designed in China with no real iPad to test out the cases they make. I'm tired of buying these cases online and not fit right, PITA to return back.

11. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

Ok, so my protector came in, and honestly I was less than thrilled with it compared to my Belkin Grip Vue Clear case. The case feels very cheap. I put it on used it for a few hours and have since throw it into the trash. I would not recommend getting this. My Belkin Grip Vue went right back on. Yeah I know its expensive but so is the iPad. Just feels more protective to me.

The screen protector I'm not sure about putting it on the iPad. One, the directions while they are in "English" are a poor translation from what I'm assuming was Chineese. Just worries me a bit to put it on there. Anyone else who got it feel the same way? Or did you put it on and no problems?

John

12. Slingdude macrumors newbie

there is a installation youtube video on bottom of this page
    http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-screen-protector-p-125644.html
    I should have the same screen protector, which come free with the case. It was very decent screen protector. Thick and clear.

The PadShell come in today. I liked it and worth for the money, also the zCover case for my dad's iPad was nice too, which add more grip on to the iPad.
    I am not sure about belkin case, since belkin product price always drop quickly and I rather wait til the price drop on those.

13. Slingdude macrumors newbie