Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by haruhiko, Feb 25, 2011.
What do you feel now?
As in the 2010 MBP?
If so, then I don't feel gutted at all!
I was worried that I would miss out on a big update, as I bought mine at the end of December.
None of the updates are worthwhile in my opinion, I doubt I would ever make the most out of thunderbolt etc
I have, more than happy with my purchase then and still am.
The spec bumps on the 13" are not that much of a jump to make me feel annoyed.
My MBP does everything I need it to do and will do when I pass it on to either the wife or kids when I eventually upgrade (won't be until the redesign at the earliest)
My new MBP arrived on Thursday but I'm not gutted at all, it does everything I want.
Just not at twice the speed which would matter to me due to a lot of raw files and movie editing.
So I'm happy I didn't plunge in two months ago and waited...
Just FYI, you can still return it cost-free within 14 days after purchasing and get one of the new models.
Being a student studying film and having just purchased a Macbook Pro late last year. I feel a tinge of regret in my body for not waiting!
Considering the speed increases and the fact that this laptop will have to last me the next 4/5 years at least I would have probably been better suited with the newer system.
Thunderbolt seems perfect for video editing as I often get the dreaded (data disk not fast enough) in Final Cut.
Can't say I'm not a little bit gutted...
come on guys ...
i bought mine in december 2009 and i feel a lil sad for my self ... lol
I actually upgraded my old system a couple weeks ago. I bought a 17 inch 2010 i5 system with 8gb of ram and a 128gb SSD for only $1500. It also had apple care too. Getting a similarly specced 2011 17 inch would cost me at least $1500 more so I don't regret it one bit. I got it off of craigslist btw.
I've just agreed to purchase a 3 week old 2010 13" MBP at a very good price. As such, this will last me until there's a significant upgrade to the MBP's/redesign/SSD Standard.
They're all excellent machines but for my needs, this was the best option.
I bought the Macbook Pro 13 (2.4 with an upgrade to 256 SSD) at the beginning of feb.
I originally bought the Unibody Macbook 13 (2.4Ghz) model back in 2008 and was very very happy with it. A year later upgrading to the 15" Macbook pro, which for me turned out to be a mistake. Although I wanted a more powerful graphics card than the 9400M.. For me the 15" laptop was just too much to travel with and it turned out to be unreliable.
I was very aware 3 weeks ago that there would be an upgrade very shortly.
I bought this laptop without waiting as I had been very very happy with the Original Unibody 13.
For me this has been anything but a mistake. I will not be using a thunderbolt device anytime soon. I need the more powerful graphics card on the MBP 13 and going from a 10+hour battery life to 7hours does not appeal. Some days of light work my 2010 Macbook has given me a good 12 hours of word processing and surfing.
The windows Dell & Asus laptops that I had last year for work with Core i5 processors I found to run hotter than the duo core versions I had the year before and battery run times of 4 hours or less did not impress.
The updated Core i processors may have improved since last year, but since the recall on the sandy bridge processors, I felt I should wait awhile.
The duo core MBP 13 runs cool, has an amazing battery life, in a package that I was very happy with and all-round has proven to be reliable for Apple.
picked mine up 4th feb this year and dont regret it one bit...
the only one that would tempt me to sell and pay extra for your be the top 15" pro but i love the portability on the 13".
it does everything i can throw at it and any SERIOUS FC usage i just stick it on a hdd and pass it to my boss to run on his pimped out 27" imac
not one regret at all!
i'm saving for a imac or pro once i have that i might pass this onto the wife!
until then mine is in top condition...might add some more ram and a diff hard drive but everyone does that no matter what spec
The only thing that upsets me is the price drop in the 15" refurb. I bought mine at the end of January (so I'm outside my 14 day price refund guarantee).
Otherwise, I love the machine I got. I probably won't use thunderbolt (can't I still call it light peak?) since I have a PC desktop that I have to keep compatibility with (USB 3!). The nvidia graphics card is awesome and does everything I want it to do, and has CUDA support if I ever choose to use it for anything (been considering this). I plan on upgrading the RAM myself to 8gb once I need it, and I planned on getting a Momentus XT (once the issues are sorted out) anyway, so I would be upgrading the drive no matter what model I had. That or do an Opti-Bay SSD+HDD, but that will be decided at a later time.
Overall, the only change that I've seen the might affect me is having two extra cores/4 extra threads. But shaving 3 sec off compile times doesn't justify the extra money I would have paid