Anyone ready for the madness tonight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Sep 11, 2015.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

2. eg0 macrumors regular

This is like a family gathering for me. I only get on the forums when a new product is coming out. My last post was during the Apple Watch release. I have my alarm set for tonight.

3. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

It sucks Apple store is down. I haven't filled in my new credit card. Need to type really fast tonight!

4. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

I don't think it'll be that bad like last year because it was a redesign/bigger phones.

Also I believe it was limited stock. By now Apple probably fixed that issue.

I just hope I can find out if I can go through Apple as opposed to AT&T for a Next trade in & upgrade. I know AT&T allows this but hopefully Apple will as well.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

6. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

I'm stoked. I always come here for Apple releases.

7. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

From what I read the display panels may be the bottle neck this time around.

I am counting on demand outstripping supply yet again - I know its hard for everyone to believe but they just are not able make enough to meet demand in the first few weeks.

8. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

Ready as I'm going to be, have my alarm set on my iPhone and android device.

9. sunshinecourt9 macrumors member

sunshinecourt9

Ready to go. Alarm set. This is a yearly tradition for me. Love the hype and adrenaline rush!!

10. glowrider macrumors regular

Two touch-Id enabled devices with apple pay all set and ready to go. Like clockwork on a release. Should be sleeping by 3:03.

11. wxnats macrumors 6502a

All ready to go! Apple website and app will be set up on my phone and laptop.

12. celly macrumors 6502

1:01 AM here. I'm a night owl so this is early for a Friday night.

I wish I could use the app. Up here in Canada, I have an Apple Financial account. They give you a # like a credit card #, but you can't use it as your default payment method. Also can't use it with the app.

It'll be desktop for me tonight, but it worked without a hitch two years ago when I got my 5s (I only upgrade on the "s" cycle). :)

Have fun folks and hope you get what you want. I'm all in for a black +, 128.

13. iKimm macrumors member

Yup! Going to try to stay up (doubtful) so my alarm is set!

14. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I am ready to go! I even have the order of model, size, and color that is my 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. But I am getting a little anxious. I just hope things go well for me! Just three hours to go!!!!

15. invisibleshoes macrumors regular

16. Thiagordc macrumors 6502

Thiagordc

17. pragmatous macrumors 65816

It's not as bad as you think it is. It's only bad if the website is messed up. Which is what happened last year. The website wasn't working right.

18. pragmatous macrumors 65816

It'll be down until 12:01am PST

Last year it wasn't up until 12:11am pst

I know because I stayed up all night. I couldn't order anything because the website was broken so I slept and ordered it in the morning.

19. pragmatous macrumors 65816

No one will know until ifixit does a breakdown.

20. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

I don't think it'll be bad either; maybe a tad busier than a normal "S" release because it's the most an "S" model has changed.

Despite the new screen it's no considered a major redesign like last year with a bigger screen model brand new

The general public doesnt really know much about it this time around as most of the changes are techy related and not design or changing screen sizes.

21. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

We should know a few days before the phone launches. Usually one or two reviews run geekbench.

22. joefrank64k macrumors regular

I'm ready...iPhone and iPad set with Apple Pay and Touch ID. MB Air on AT&T's website.

Bring it on! :D

My prediction: Rose Gold will be a quick sell-out. My wife wants a 6s+ 128gb in Rose Gold, so I'm ordering hers first. Then my 6s+ 128gb in SG.

23. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I hear ya. I am not upgrading, but I am still hanging around to watch the madness :) Then will follow in the next few weeks the endless threads of "So and so just told me this....." and the always amusing "I just called some low level dweeb who knows less than we do and they confirmed that ...." as well as reading tea leaves of when things are shipped and where they are. So long as you can detach a little and enjoy the ride, it is a great couple of weeks of unbridled exuberance.

24. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Yep. I got my homework on one monitor, MacRumors, AT&T, and Apple on another. Also, I have the apple store app pre-populated on my 6+.

25. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I've done this before. It wasn't until the iPhone 6 shipped to iFixit were they able to do a breakdown. They are under the same rules we are.