Anyone reccomend a portable charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I was wondering if anyone could reccomend an external portable charger for the iPhone/Touch/iPad. I'm going on a long flight with my younger brother next month and I'll be carrying all of these devices with me. Also, does anyone know the mAh capacity of the iPad as well as the iPhone? Thanks.

2. SirStrumalot, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

I just got this and would highly recommend it. It charges my iPhone from 0 to 100 about 3-4 times before it needs to be recharged. It will also work with most accessories including BB's and anything else that uses mini-usb.

If you were looking for something cheaper, this works okay (charges roughly x1.5 before needing to be recharged).

I believe the iPhone 4 has a 1420 mAh (3.7v) battery and the iPad has a 2780 mAh battery.

3. newone757 macrumors 6502

I picked up the mili power pack for iPhone 3G/iPod touch even though I have a 4. I go it at my local marshall's for 12 bucks and couldn't be happier. It charges my sons iPod touch in it's cradle and my iPhone through the cord at the same time. Only 2000 mah but for 12 bucks out the door I couldn't beat it. If I needed more juice I just would have bought more since they were so cheap there

4. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I also love the IMP500. The perfect companion for a flight! As the previous poster mentioned, it can charge your iPhone multiple times and has attachments to charge just about anything else (anything with mini or micro-USB, Samsung, etc.). I recently upgraded to the IMP880 but admit it's probably overkill with its 8900 mAh. Been very impressed with NewTrent.

5. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

Can highly recommend the Just Mobile Gum Plus, 4400mAh.
    Does charge iPad, pretty useful and compact.

6. himesh macrumors regular