Anyone Reccomend this External HD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Grasbak, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Grasbak macrumors 6502

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

I've had the WD Mybook Pro 500GB for a while now, so far no problems. I'm using it with FW800, and it is faster than my iMac's internal hard drive. Great for those video editing sessions.

If I compare this WD to the half dozen external USB/FW enclosures I have worked with earlier, I prefer this one. It is pretty compact, reasonably quiet, indicates drive space usage visually and can be cleanly unmounted by pushing a button on the drive.

I have to get back to you on the white part though. It isn't the same white, but I wouldn't mind having it placed next to my iMac.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I LOVE THIS...

I had an Apple Store gift card and needed to get a hard drive, I know i payed dramatically more for this in the store, but I needed one.

THIS IS AWESOME, it's secure, I have it partioned, for three ways: 1. MacBookPro Back Up, 2. Powerbook Back Up, 3. General File Transfer between my 3 Macs. The drive is amazingly fast with the triple interface Firewire800 is so fast. The one thing I would recommend/minor gripe, the cables, specifically the FW800 are a little short, so if you don't have a desktop, and you want a little more room, you might want to buy one, it sure has suited me.

4. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

yep excellent HDD i have the 320Gb and 500Gb versions both on USB mind but still very good value for money