Anyone received Mountain Lion preinstalled on their rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JD92, Jul 29, 2012.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hey people

Just wondering if anyone so far has bought/ordered their rMBP and opening it up to find Mountain Lion already installed on it? Or is everyone still going through the Up-To-Date programme?

2. Regaj macrumors member

Mine shipped Wednesday (7/25). Arrived Friday (7/27). Came with Lion installed.

Those built on 7/25 or later should have ML installed. That means those that shipped on 7/26 or 7/27 or thereabouts are where the cutoff would be. We should start seeing those OEM ML installs arrive in the next day or so.

3. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

I'd bet if you purchase on the online apple store it'd be pre-installed from this point on. Even if not, the up-to-date program seems to be fine at this point and it's really no more than an hours work.

4. lilmoe macrumors newbie

You guys think cMBPs would come with ML preinstalled if I buy it online now?

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

6. mcb001982 macrumors regular

I would take a guess saying at the 1 week point from launch anything new coming out of the online store would have it. The physical store would have to go through their old stock before this would happen and that could take a few weeks time for cMBP's IMO.

7. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

8. aviddk macrumors regular

In another thread regarding whether your rMBP arrives with Lion or ML someone said to look at the wallpaper on the rMBP icon on your order page. If it shows the default ML wallpaper yours has ML installed. They also claimed that the icon's wallpaper on their order page had changed from Lion to ML. Mine was shipped on the 27th and it shows the ML wallpaper on my order page. Expecting ML on mine when it arrives Thursday.

9. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I hope my hits these shores next week...with ML onboard.

10. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

Mine arrived Friday the 27th, ordered July 4th, and had Lion. Did the update to ML without event, though it did kill VMware 3 which worked fine on Lion. Otherwise, happy to see everything is working just fine :)

11. flottenheimer macrumors 65816

flottenheimer

12. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I ordered mine from MacMall a couple weeks ago and it arrived with Mountain Lion preinstalled.

13. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I bought a base 2.3GHz rMBP from Apple Store (Hong Kong) today and it is preinstalled with Mountain Lion :)

14. entraik macrumors 6502a

bought mine a few days ago..had mountain lion

15. Macral macrumors member

I wanted to get Mountain Lion pre-installed. So I ordered mine on July 25th at Apple online store and it arrived a week later with Mountain Lion.