Anyone recently unlock their iPhone through T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1080p, Aug 31, 2015.

1. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Last year... I unlocked 2 T-Mobile iPhone 5C's and sold them to upgrade my kids' iPhones. T-Mobile sent me the emails, and I restored them as soon as the emails arrived and got the "Congratulations! Your iPhone is unlocked!" screen for both of them. At the time, I didn't pay attention, but those emails said, "Wait 72 hours" then do it. But it worked right away... so no big deal. This was laster year... so my experience with T-Mobile unlocking has been smooth so far."

Fast forward to yesterday, I sold my iPhone 6 Plus on eBay and the seller paid. Seller asked for me to unlock it with T-Mobile. I agreed. So yesterday I contact T-Mobile and they put in "the request" for unlocking. This morning I got a similar email to the ones I got last year, but this time they say "After 24 hours..." I went ahead and did the restore and the phone is still not unlocked. Tried a couple of times. So... am I being impatient? I am now going to wait the 24 hours, but I really wanted to ship this phone out today.

Anyone else have experience with T-Mobile iPhone unlocking? Did you have to wait the timeframe suggested in the email?

2. 1080p thread starter macrumors 68020

1080p

Well... 3 hours later and now it finally unlocked in iTunes.

3. promet2009 macrumors 6502a

Last time I did this, it was pretty simple. Worked pretty quickly.

4. Ticocg59 macrumors member

My daughter did this a few months ago, took 48 hrs.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

FYI iTunes is no longer required for this. It's all handled through iOS contacting the server during activation now. Good to confirm, I suppose, with iTunes though.