iPhone X Anyone Regret Getting Gold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleZombie, Sep 22, 2018.

1. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

I purchased a Gold colored XS this time because I wanted to try something different. However finding a nice case to go with it is a pain in the butt. Now I wish I would have gone with ol reliable Space Gray. Anyone else feel the same? My other option is just grabbing a black case and dumping it into that one.

2. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

I bought the gold Xs Max with the intention of getting the saddle brown Apple leather case. However, now I've seen the phone, although I do love the colour, of the phone, I''m not sure about the case colour. I'll probably go into an Apple store tomorrow and see them in person before deciding.

3. AppleZombie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats my issues, its rough finding a case that isnt the same color that matches with Gold if that makes sense. It doesnt help that I like having the Apple logo show.

4. Chevyguy2021 macrumors member

I have never ever liked gold.
    I am a male 26 yr old car guy and don't own anything gold.
    However, I will say, seeing the gold xs max yesterday it the store. It wasnt too bad.
    It a nice gold. Not too much.

I have never owned a Apple device that wasn't "black" lol

5. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

I always buy a clear case. Do you like ultra thin cases?!? If yes, Totallee is the one I use.

6. Sparkymoto macrumors member

That’s why I went with silver. I always like the white and silver phones. Gold doesn’t appeal to me. I would trade it if I were you

7. LS3 POWER macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

I got the Gold XS Max, I like it. I put mine in a Spiegen Clear case. The gold on the stainless doesn’t look as “gold” as in the Apple Videos but still really nice.

8. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

Hate gold. 1. it's such an ugly color. 2. it literally looks like poop with a clear case on, poop or dirty. 3. it's so old fashioned.

9. LS3 POWER macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

A blue always looks great with gold, like Apples blue silicone or leather case they make

10. jbizzybeetle macrumors 6502a

Generally, yes, regret the so-called “gold” in both phone Xs and watch S4 SS received Friday.

Not really gold unless you like “tarnished” gold.

Unsure if will return for the cleaner looking silver/SS band (my X is silver), though. Sheer laziness perhaps since already set up email and bank accts.

Will reconsider next week against regular stainless steel.

11. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

What does cars have to do with it?

12. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

I love my gold. Have a clear case on it. I usually go with silver or space grey. I figured I would change it up this time. No regrets.

13. Ebok macrumors regular

makes him more manly.

14. Koobs macrumors 6502

Koobs

Are you mad you couldn't get one?

15. meikdunj macrumors regular

Brought the gold XS Max. More brass coloured than bright gold. Love it though!

16. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Went into the Apple Store today and did not like the gold as much as I hope I would. Wonder if the overlighting in the store to blame. Even the black SS AW looks like a mid to dark gray, which I know it does not in most lighting conditions.

17. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

I regret not getting gold. Maybe once they have the 256 in stock at the Apple store I’ll return my silver for it.

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Was set on gold for when I upgrade my (silver) X on the IUP, but having seen it today I'm not so sure. Hard to tell under Apple Store lighting, but it looked a lot less clean than the silver. Reckon I'll stick with silver, but go for the Max.

19. eyedoc2020 macrumors regular

Personally I think the gold Max is hideous. I like the back, but the metal around the phone is .

20. randy.massoglia macrumors member

Looked at the Gold yesterday in the Apple store. I really liked it. Glad I ordered one.

21. LarryJoe33 macrumors 65816

LarryJoe33

I always thought that both Gold and Rose Gold were for females.

22. csi24 macrumors regular

csi24

Nope! While waiting at the Apple store for them to bring out my phone, I got to see it in person for the first time. Made me even happier that I decided to go with gold. The stainless steel frame just makes it pop even more

23. glhiii macrumors regular

24. csi24 macrumors regular

csi24

I always say the same about silver. Especially the X/Xs silver. Looks very feminine to me for some reason