nikhilnagaraj24

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Anyone remembers the 'backless' bumper cases that Apple offered for iPhone 4 back in the day?
The iPhone 4 and 5, in my opinion had the best design ever. And the 'slab' design looked really great with these bumper cases covering just the sides.

Anyone found something similar for iPhone 12/12 Pro?

95B7E725-D967-43AB-9A2D-57DB23FF3F9A.jpeg

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
Ordered a rhinoshield. They look a little thick in the picture, so I’m hoping it’s not, but will see when I get it. I’m excited about a bumper rather than an entire case.

Reactions: JamiLynee

orangecrushv

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Dallas
Ordered a rhinoshield. They look a little thick in the picture, so I’m hoping it’s not, but will see when I get it. I’m excited about a bumper rather than an entire case.

Please let us know how it is in person. I thought it looked bulkier than I would like too...

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Bumpers will make a huge comeback with this gen.

Thanotech was a company that did a bumper kickstarter after the iPhone 6 came out to still offer bumpers with the new rounded edge design, looks like the site is still up but their inventory and social media is dead?

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2014
PNW
Will you post updates? I'm living vicariously until I purchase

Reactions: rKunda
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.