Anyone remember this obscure Apple II game?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by DaysAtPreamble, Jun 8, 2011.

1. DaysAtPreamble macrumors newbie

In the days of Oregon Trail, Number/Word Munchers, Odell Lake, etc, does anyone remember a game where I believe the object was to locate some type of alien creature or mutant creature in (possibly) a neighborhood? I think the gist of it was that you received clues and sightings of the creature, and through logical reasoning, you'd deduce where the creature was. I remember so little about it, but if I could find it, I know I'd remember it all. I played it at school in like 1990 or so.

It was such an interesting game to me, and after I hit junior high, I completely forgot what the name was. I've searched all over online but no luck yet. It's driving me nuts. :eek:

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. filmweaver macrumors regular

Could it have been TRANSYLVANIA, I played that many times. I'm showing my age, he who speaks of floppy disk.lol

3. DaysAtPreamble thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. I checked Transylvania out on Youtube and that wasn't it, though I think I do remember that game as well. Nostalgia Inc., eh?!

4. DaysAtPreamble thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah! I found it. I remembered it was a game by MECC and searched their catalog. The game is called Zoyon Patrol! I'm home sick from work today, so I'm sort of excited to actually play this. I hope virtualapple.org has this. :D

5. Vorpal279 macrumors member

I also have a question about an old Apple II game. You were on a spaceship (on the moon I think), and you had to solve math problems in order to find gold nuggets. Anybody remember something like that?