Anyone restoring their 3G iPhone for tomorrow's 3.0 update?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SFStateStudent, Mar 16, 2009.

?

Are you restoring your 3G iPhone tomorrow for 3.0 update?

1. Yes, most definitely

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. No, I'm waiting for the Dev Team to do their magic

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Maybe, I'm giving serious thought to restoring

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. What? 3.0 update is coming out?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't think the update will be ready tomorrow

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  6. No, b/c I'm JB, unlocked and using another carrier

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm thinking about it, but I'm probably going to wait until the Dev Team does their magic...:p

2. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

It's a 3.0 preview tomorrow. There isn't going to be any new software that's available for anyone tomorrow.

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

At best there will be a beta firmware available for paying developers. Regular users won't see 3.0 until the summer.

4. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

Yeah it's a preview. Mid-year is when Apple releases iPhone stuff to consumers.

5. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Yeah, i believe it's only a preview like everyone in here has said...although it would be cool if it wasn't!

To be honest, it's going to take more than just copy and paste/MMS to get me to upgrade to 3.0, considering the fact that I already have those and a lot more. In fact, I would consider it a "downgrade" if I were to lose functionality by "upgrading" to whenever it is that 3.0 is released. :cool:

6. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I was just watching Channel 2 KTVU in the San Francisco Bay Area and they were adamant about the 3.0 iPhone Firmware Update being tomorrow. Though many of us think it will happen a few weeks from tomorrow, it would be nice to see a sneak preview and the actual firmware update shortly thereafter...:p

7. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Well who do you trust more? Your local TV news anchor, or the official apple press release, which is shown on this and many other tech sites?

8. Wolfmore macrumors member

Wolfmore

I agree with the above post. I will really need to see when 3.0 comes out if I will upgrade. I am running 2.2 on jailbroken phone. It is hacked to the teeth Qnd it is awesome. Just to show off: I can download zip files and open them and install what ever inside all wihin my iPhone.(off my head: safari download plugin, terminal for iphone, finder for the iPhone) hardly ever use it but it's cool that I can. What I really use is sbsettings, hclipboard, the Gold search thing, and few others that would really suck if I lost due to software upgrades.

9. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

10. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I have a jailbroken iPhone that is unlocked. The only thing i use it for is tethering (pdanet). If ATT will give me an official tethering plan, I won't need to JB anymore except to unlock right before i sell it.

11. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Dude, Gasia Mikaelian FTW!!! :D

12. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

She's something else alright...;)

13. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I'll wait for the Dev Team to do their stuff, and I'll be hoping my favorite JB apps will be compatible with 3.0.

But since it's only the preview today, and I'm expecting the actual update to be released along side the 3rd Gen iPhone, I don't think I'll be restoring until around July time :p

14. Haephestos macrumors regular

The Dev Team will have no problem cracking this (when it is eventually released) for the 3G and original iPhones as those both have a hardware exploit, meaning that apple cannot stop the JB process, only make it harder for the dev team to do.

15. brainlabs macrumors newbie

brainlabs

I'll wait

DEV TEAM IS COOl WITH ME

Attached Files:

16. lillybeth macrumors member

haha you guys thought the frimware would be released already????

no way.. its the same thing as last year.

apple annouced 2.0 then in june/july they announced the 3g .and released the 3g iphone with the 2.0 software

thats going to happen this time too.. apple is going to release a new iphone at wwdc then release the 3.0 software for that..

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I'm not even a college student (at SF State) or anywhere else and I understood that only the beta was being released to developers.

:eek: