Anyone return an iPhone4 to apple.com? How do you get your upgrade eligilbility back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jja1, Jul 13, 2010.

1. jja1 macrumors newbie

Hey there...I shipped my IP4 back to apple.com (unopened...wife wants to wait for white) for a refund. Knuckleheads at AT&T can't give me a straight answer on how to revert her status to upgrade eligible.

Anyone already go through this and can share their experience?

Thanks.

2. aggie03 macrumors newbie

It will automatically revert. My screen was buggy, and they didn't have any replacements at the time, so I just returned it and am back on the priority list. It took about 24 hours before I could reorder online.

3. jja1 thread starter macrumors newbie

In-store or online?

Did you return in-store or to apple.com? My in-store experience last year when I returned a iPhone was that it automatically reverted. Hasn't happened yet with the .com purchase...it's been 2 days.

4. pbateman macrumors 6502

I shipped mine back to Apple Friday, they received it yesterday morning and my return shows 'completed' on their site. Still not eligible for upgrade on ATT site...

5. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Tomorrow would be my 6th business of return acceptance. Money has been refunded but contract is still up at ATT. Going to call Apple tomorrow.

6. jja1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to go to an AT&T store

So...a few days passed and still my upgrade eligibility had not reverted. I called AT&T and after being put on hold a few times while managers were being questioned, they told me to bring the printout from apple.com that showed the phone was returned into a corporate AT&T store. Did that...went to a AT&T store and talked to the manager, showed him the email. He couldn't just fix my eligibility, he had to call and talk to someone. Quite an ordeal, but it's finally "fixed".

7. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I have an answer I was told and question for you.

Question: How long did it take for you to receive your return label? I called and was told I'll have two emails within 24 hours but thought she said the label was already sent. Didn't have email setup at time to check for msg. May have to call tomorrow.

Answer to your Question. Now I've asked your question to both Apple and ATT and this is what I was told. ATT said after they verify phone was received , my status will revert in 72 hours. Said process was automated so I don't need to call once received but won't hurt. Apple said refund is issued within 3-5 business days of phone being received and ATT status is reverted within 7-10 (don't remember if they said days or business days).

8. Sledutah macrumors regular

They must have been swamped Friday with returns ;) I called to return mine Friday afternoon (on hold 15 minutes), I was also told that I would received 2 emails within 24 hours. Still no emails today (~38 hrs), so I called back. Was on hold about 30 seconds this time. I explained that I called in Friday but I never received any emails. He set up the return and I had 2 emails within 30 minutes. Also, in my order status online it shows that I have a Return pending. It didn't show that before my second call.

9. RipplingHurst macrumors newbie

When you return it, did you remove the sim card?

10. jja1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Got my label in 24 hours

Got my refund about 24 hours after they received it. After 3 or 5 days my eligibility still wasn't right so had to go into the store to straighten it out.