Anyone return their iPhone 6 Plus and regret it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JD84, Sep 28, 2014.

1. JD84 macrumors 6502

I have been trying to decide what to do. I purchased a iPhone 6 Plus have been using it. I love the screen and how easy it is to text etc on it. But I cannot put it in my front pocket of my jeans, kind of drives me nuts not being able to do that. I have to always keep it in my purse whenever I go anywhere and feel it's a hassle to look at my phone if purse is in the back seat.
    I am also due November 3rd to have a baby and worried that it will be difficult to manage the 6 plus trying to take care of a newborn.
    I have to use two hands to text usually which doesn't bother me but I am worried about it. I have tried the regular 6 out in the store feels like it would be easier to manage one handed if need be and it will fit in my pocket.
    I don't want to return the plus and regret my decision, has anyone here regretted returning their 6 plus?
    Part of me wants the simplicity of the 6 and being able to manage it easier with one hand and being able to put it in my pockets.
    Ah what to do! :(

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

There are tons of threads about people returning the 6+ for the 6 and vice versa. In the end, get the one that fits YOUR NEEDS. From your post it just sounds like the 6 is better suited for you. Doesn't hurt to stick with the plus for a bit, at least before the return date expires.

For me, I'm always on the go and carry a bunch of stuff so naturally I went with the 6.

3. lichen86 macrumors newbie

You will be taking a lot of photos after your baby arrives. Consider the improved camera on the plus to capture the moments.

4. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Get the device that you will regret the least. Why get a 6 Plus when you know it bothers your front jeans. The fact you opted to return it is enough to say getting the 6 will be something you will be happy with sticking with. Better something too small to fit in jeans than something too big that you have to get used to.

Plus, keep in mind as phone technology advances, what is in the 6 Plus may get into the smaller form factor, maybe it will even be 5.0'' in the same form factor as the 4.7''. Don't force yourself to get used to the Plus when better things can come in smaller sizes in the future.

Plus, think of those one handed shots you can take with your smaller iPhone.

5. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

6. hypno macrumors regular

All you are going to get here are people trying to talk you into the phone they bought in order to make themselves feel better. You'll be better off making this decision alone than on a forum.

7. imnjs macrumors member

imnjs

Get the 6. Sounds like you already made up your mind.

8. JD84 thread starter macrumors 6502

I torn I don't want to regret it either way. :confused:

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I watched a fair amount of NFL on my phone in the car today. My wife was happy to drive for once. Having that 6 Plus screen was a nice treat for streaming video.

10. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Buy 5 6's and 5 6+'s.
    How many of these terrible threads does this place need?

11. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Get a 5S. Fits into jeans better, camera doesn't protrude out of the back case, it's sexier than the 6 and it doesn't bend during normal use.

5 > 6

12. mwhals macrumors 6502

mwhals

From what you wrote, it sounds like you look at your phone while driving. I hope that is not the case, but the purse in the backseat comments led me to the thought.

13. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Once you've used a 6+, every other iPhone screen looks tiny. You will end up regretting it. I almost did the same for more storage space and luckily found a higher capacity 6+ to exchange for. I was so relieved. That 4.7" screen looks so small and I tried to get used to my wife's but can't. It's just not the same experience. Just my opinion tho

14. JD84 thread starter macrumors 6502

My husband is the one that usually drives and my purse is always in the backseat when he drives if I'm driving it's next to me and no I don't look at my phone while I'm driving.

15. munakib macrumors 6502

Return it! Make someone else happy....I think the iPhone6 would best suit you too.

16. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

17. moogoos macrumors newbie

I returned my 6+. Too damn big. Was unwieldy. Much happier with the 6.

If you keep thinking about it it means you made the wrong decision and you'd be happier with the 6. That's my opinion.

To me the spec differences aren't big enough to keep it over the size and portability need.

18. AppleRobert macrumors 603

You watch video or browse alot? Play Candy Crush, Dots, Subway Surfer, Temple Run etc. ? Need good battery life? Much better with the Plus with those things. I have both now and I am leaning towards keeping the Plus.

I would be more inclined to go to the S cycle next go around if I keep the 6. I doubt I would upgrade though if I keep the Plus.

19. BlueJ85 macrumors newbie

I don't regret returning the plus for a 6. I loved the plus but it was a bit too big for me. But that's not to say you won't regret it. I think the 6 is still a great phone. But it's totally opinion based.

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, return it for the 6. Taking care of a newborn is difficult enough and you don't need the 6+ to add to the stress. You'll be glad you did.

21. cnotes2019 Suspended

Why not just buy both and change up on days you want a smaller or larger screen that's what I'm doing if I can ever find a damn plus....

22. dkwon89 macrumors newbie

6 is just not ergonomic and it's hard to handle with one hand. I returned my 6 plus and never looking to go back.