Anyone return their JET BLACK iPhone 7 / Plus for the MATTE BLACK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RandomRazer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. RandomRazer Suspended

Im really debating whether i should or not. the jet black looks nice, but such a pain to keep clean. im wondering if the matte would be better plus add resale value next year since its less prone to scratches i assume

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

In my opinion, the Matte Black is the real winner between the two. It doesn't show fingerprints or scratches like the Jet Black does. I also prefer the stealth color with the Matte Black over the glossy Jet Black.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I have both and I prefer Black over Jet Black.

4. RandomRazer thread starter Suspended

y u have 2

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Because one's on iUP and the other is the sim-free model.

6. Chevelle macrumors regular

That's really nit picky, especially since most have a case.

I had a 6S+ in black and got a 7+ in silver because that's all any of the ATT stores had in stock. That makes a difference because of the white front but I could care less what color the back is.

Not sure if I like the white border.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I waited three weeks for my iPhone 7 jet black. Returned it after three days for a matte black. I didn't return the jet black because of finger prints or micro scratches. I returned it because to me it looked like a featureless black blob. I much prefer the matte black.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I really like my Matte black but if I could get a 32GB Jet Black I would have gone for it.

9. macTW Suspended

I'm on a two year contract, and tried on the 14th day, but Verizon locks on the 13th (but that isn't in the terms and conditions)... so I couldn't. But I love the jet black either 1) when I don't look at the back and finger prints or 2) when I wipe them off :)

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Agreed. I just don't need a 128 GB of storage. I barely even filled 16GB. Apple knew if someone wanted their newest Jet Black color, it would force them to the more expensive 128GB.

11. noobinator macrumors 601

I've had both and prefer the jet black.

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Walked into the Apple Store Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving and walked out with a 7+ Rose for the wife and a 7+ matte black for me, both 128GB
    I had not seen them in person, and I thought I wanted the Jet Black... until I saw it... and immediately opted for the matte black
    Not sure how I feel about the + size yet, jury is still out on the bigger phone for me

13. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

jet black all the way...anyone that chooses otherwise is a peasant.

14. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Also, by having jet black, it shows you have the "expensive" edition and latest flagship color for a status symbol. No one knows how cheap/ expensive an iPhone someone has if the color is not jet black since other colors have cheaper model.

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I see what your saying. But I personally think the Matte Black looks far better. At first, I was interested in the Jet Black. I also go caseless, so I can actually enjoy the color I purchased.

16. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Had a JB 7 plus for a month or so. Decided to sell and get the white/silver. I got tired of the black front.......

[​IMG]

17. navier macrumors regular

navier

You have cancelled each other :D

18. Susurs macrumors 6502

Susurs

Quite a lot of fingerprints on my matte black in summertime, but I believe it would be much worse on the jet black.