Anyone returned an iPhone to Apple in the 2 weeks period?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MNR, Mar 26, 2015.

1. MNR macrumors regular

Hi!

I have an iPhone 6 since launch day. I'm more and more tempted to get a 6 plus for the screen comfort and the battery but I'm still divided and I don't know if I will really like the size of the phone on a day to day basis. I was thinking buying an unlock one at the Apple Store try it during 13 days and if I don't like it return it to Apple before the 2 weeks period ends. If I like it, then I sell my iPhone 6 on Craigslist.
    Did anyone tried to return the iPhone 6 plus to Apple because it is too big? Did Apple accepted with no issues?

Thanks,

2. Fynd macrumors 6502

You won't have a problem and you won't need an explanation. Just return it :).

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I returned a retina MBP a couple of years ago and they didn't ask why, or even check it. They didn't look for scratches (there were none, it was mint) or even boot it up. I had it for around 12 days.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

No excuse is needed. If in the grace period, they will take it back without any problems.

Hundreds of thousands of people have done so.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

During the Christmas holiday, Apple had an extended return policy which gave me 3 weeks to try the 6+. I purchased a T-Mobile unlocked iPhone 6+. Two days before my last date to return or exchange, someone here posted about the sim-free unlocked iPhone 6/6+ being released. I went to Apple and asked if I could exchange it. They returned my T-Mobile 6+ and sent me to another Apple location to pickup my sim-free unlocked 6+.

Apple will accept your return if your excuse is that the phone is too big to manage in everyday tasks.

6. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Do it.

I've done it three times since launch day. No hassles ever. Best way to try the phone out.

They'll ask why you're returning it, but you don't have to have a reason. They just ask to see if they can resolve whatever issue you're having. If they can't, they take the phone and give you your $ back.

7. MNR thread starter macrumors regular

8. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

keep in mind, if you break the iphone (crack the screen, spill in liquid, etc), you won't be able to make a return on the iphone. i'd recommend using a credit card that would protect you in such circumstances.