Anyone running 11.1?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Julien, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Anyone running iTunes 11.1 and care to comment of iTunes Radio implementation?

Was hoping it would be part of DP4. Seems a little strange that Apple is limiting it to iOS7 developers only and not Mavericks beta testers.

Hopefully it will be included in DP5.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Why would it be part of an OS X Developer Preview?
    iTunes updates are a separate install to OS X, have been for years and years.

3. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

I'm running it right now. About iTunes Radio... it's nice, I found a couple of stations I like, also I made myself a couple based on artists I like. iTunes matched them quite well, playing similar music.

4. Takuro macrumors 6502

Takuro

It's nothing amazing compared to how well Spotify works, but it's nice to have radio integration in iTunes. I've been using it on Apple TV too, and the experience is more or less the same. Suggested songs aren't that great. There seems to be a limitation as to what music it rotates trough... sometimes I get the same 10 songs back to back, over and over. It's also funny to hear "placeholder" music (possibly left over from early testing.) It's too early to say how this will turn out, but it'll catch on better than iTunes Ping I'd bet. ;)

5. activate macrumors regular

As Sky Blue indicated, it is independent of 10.9. I am running it on 10.8 as well as 10.9. Works well, as it does on iOS 7. Air play feature also works as expected.

6. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

True that iTunes is a separate install from OS X. However on the AppleSeed forum iTunes has it own forum under Mavericks. This seems to indicate at least some tie in between the two that other Apple independent Apps don't share.

7. mbassan macrumors newbie

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Join the Apple Developer program for a down payment of $99, then download it from the Developer Portal.

9. mbassan macrumors newbie

i am already an ios developer. is it the same thing?

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

yes