Anyone running FW 3.1 on their 1st generation ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Derek87, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Derek87 macrumors 6502

...is it worth the upgrade? i like the minor things i'd get in going from 2.2 like landscape with mail and cut & paste.

yet, i am a bit worried that i maybe should leave well alone if the new features introduce buggyness, slowness, and/or degrade my battery life.

thanks for any experiences shared!

derek

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I was running it for a little bit while i was borrowing my sisters iPod. It didn't really slow it down and it wasn't too buggy on 3.1.2. 3.1.1 had really bad battery life and it seemed a little glitchy but after updating it, it worked fine for me. IMO 3.0 ran better though, but iTunes App organization is nice.

3. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

IMO, 3.1.2 is almost like 2.2.1. The battery life is great, barely any lag (this is a 1st gen).

4. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the replies, guys...guess at some point, maybe i should take the plunge...

5. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Just give it a try and at the same time research how to revert back to your older firmware in case you experience bugs. The thing about bugs is that they may be case to case basis so it's possible you will be completely bug free with the new firmware. If not, just revert back.

6. Anderzander macrumors member

I'm using it and I really like it. Straight after upgrading my app store offered two new updates for facebook and the eBay app - I presume because of the new OS - and they are excellent, a really big improvement!