Anyone Running iPhone 6/6 Plus With No Screen Protector And Case?

How Are You Running Your 6/6 Plus?

• Bare

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Only With A Screen Protector

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Screen Protector And Case

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
The 6 plus feels too bulky with even a 0.3 mm case for me.

And the screen protectors in iphone 6/6 plus look so funny and silly.

The whole curved screen thing really adds bulk to the design.

So I have been forced to run it bare.

Pug72

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
England
Would love to, just can't risk damaging something that cost nearly £700 if I accidently drop it.

When I take it out of the case to clean it, I do long to able to.....it's such a great looking device that feels much better in the hand naked.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I despise using screen protectors and cases on my phones. But the fragility and vulnerability of the 6 Plus forces me to use a case. No screen protector though.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I keep going back to the case (Spigen Ultra Hybrid) this is the first phone regardless of the manufacture that does not feel "better" without a case the Spigen actually feels great in the hand, only think I hate about cases is the dust it collects around the openings

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I saw some guy in the subway station sporting his SG 6+ naked. I wouldn't dream of it, mainly for resale value since I will inevitably be swapping to a 6S+ (or whatever).

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I bought an extremely thin clear case for my 6 mainly for added grip and scratch protection. Even though I've never dropped my phone this one just feels more slippery than older iPhones.

No screen protector as those are essentially worthless.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I ran screen protectors for the 5s, and was told by Apple employees and lots of other people that the glass on the 5 is superior than the past, that I don't need it. Got a replacement phone a few months ago, ran bare. Tons of micro scratches in a month. Wish I had put it on so I can sell it for more now.

Full body protector on the 6s with Apple leather case now.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I used the Apple leather case for about a week and a half, but I got tired of it. I've always used my iPhones naked. So for the moment I'm keeping mine in an 0.3mm TPU skin that really isn't a case so much as it is a scratch barrier. I'll probably get tired of that and dump it too. No screen protector.

srshaw

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
Would love to, just can't risk damaging something that cost nearly £700 if I accidently drop it.

When I take it out of the case to clean it, I do long to able to.....it's such a great looking device that feels much better in the hand naked.
Totally agree. In due course I will use it naked, but having spent £700 on my 6 plus I'll protect it for a while.

runningtowin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2011
I guess I'm the lone screen-protector only. AC+ won't do anything for scratches, so I use one, but if I drop it, I'll just get a new one. Never have dropped an iPhone, though I admit this 6 is slippery, especially in the cold.

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
I had the Apple leather case on my iPhone 6, but recently have been going totally caseless. I much prefer the feel, although in the two weeks since I've removed the case I already have a chip in it and I have no idea how it happened. :confused:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2010
I had the Apple leather case on my iPhone 6, but recently have been going totally caseless. I much prefer the feel, although in the two weeks since I've removed the case I already have a chip in it and I have no idea how it happened. :confused:

Can you post a pic? I always end up going named after a couple of months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.