anyone running iphone4 out to a tv?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by posit108, Feb 9, 2011.

1. posit108 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Is anyone here running there iphone 4 out to a tv with a composite cables?
    If so can you stream video from any website?

2. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

I havent tried mine yet, but my 3gs would only stream youtube from the app, and itunes videos.

I have a AV dock in my car connected to 2 tv's and will probably try out the 4 this weekend on it.

3. posit108 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to pick up the cable but, would like to know if I can stream
    meadiamp4 . com. Can anyone try this our for me please? Maybe save me 50bucks:cool:

4. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I have my composite cables attached to my HDTV, but you can only stream videos that run on the real player plug in. Any other thing like pictures or actually navigating the iOS in the TV will not work (sucks) unlike the Galaxy S that it acts like a monitor extension, the iPhone 4 does not. I usually watch videos from YouTube or www.veetle.com and they play sweet, but w/o jailbreak you'll have to turn on wi-fi to watch the HD version of the movie clips.

I got my composite cables from eBay like for $3.55 and free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. posit108 thread starter macrumors newbie

have you ever tried mediamp4 . com? or a site like that?

6. iFitz macrumors regular

I stream my music and Pandora on my TV with apple TV and wifi, no cable required. Works with my iPad too.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

OP, I just tried it with mediamp4.com (once I found a video that would load) and it works fine. I've got the official Apple composite cables ($50) hooked up to the TV in my bedroom (I use it for Netflix). Any video that plays on the iPhone in the native player (not VLC) can be sent through the cables to the TV. That includes anything that will play on it from the web.

FWIW, I'm on a jailbroken phone and could have bought the cheap knock off cables but I've heard they can be quite flaky. I've yet to have any issues with the official cables.

8. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I will try and I'll let you know.

9. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Yes it works posit108 I'm able to confirm that I was able to stream mediampt4.com on my HDTV (my son's HDTV I had to ask for persmission LOL)

10. posit108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for checking! I'm going to get them. How was the quality?

11. chestvrg macrumors 65816

To tell you the truth the quality was a little flaky and at times I was getting freezes (choppy) at rates of like mili-seconds, even over wi-fi, but it must be the site b/c when I stream YouTube or veetle that doesn't happen. Hope you get your composite cables soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk