Anyone running LR4/PS/PR-11 on rMBP 13?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twdi, Dec 23, 2012.

1. twdi macrumors member

Is anyone running Lightroom 4.3 or Photoshop/Premiere Elements 11 on a Retina MBP 13 inch? I use this software now on my i7 860 Windows 7 desktop with 12 Gb memory.

I really like the size of the 13 inch but because this would be my first Mac, I'm a bit uncertain of the i5 cpu is powerful enough to work with a lot of fun with the rMbp 13. Also some concerns about the screensize of 13 inch for these apps....

I'm not a pro photographer (just hobby) but like to do edit pictures or creating some holiday movies. I shoot with a Canon 5DmkII which creates 30Mb RAW files or HD movie.

If you have also other advise which could be important for me, please let me know

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I ran LR4/PS on my old 13" dual core (2010 model) MBP with no problems. I don't think you'll have any issues with the i5

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Agreed. I have the full Master Suite on my 13" rMBP, and while I don't beat on it daily I use it enough fixing my user bases's mistakes that I can say it's never been an issue.

Now, is it the same as my 15" hooked to a Thunderbolt display? No. The 15" will still power through stuff at a much faster rate.