Anyone running Neat Receipts with Parallels?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iaddict, Mar 19, 2008.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

I installed Neat Receipts on my Windows XP partition with Parallels but the scanner won't work. I've gone through the troubleshooting mode along with searching their website and still the scanner doesn't work. If anyone has gotten this to work with Parallels, can you let me know what I need to do that I probably haven't done in order to get it to work?

Thanks

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I do, and it used to work, but lately the scanner's crapped out on me, too. It'll take a page about halfway, then sits there and NR ultimately times out and bombs. I think 10.5.2 may have killed it (that's the only change I can narrow it down to, time-wise). NR--and the scanner--run fine in Boot Camp, though. Also, The folks at NeatReceipts are coming out with a Mac version next month (originally it was going to be March, pushed it back to April sometime).

3. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks

I gave up and went back to using it on my PC laptop. Guess I'll wait and check out the Mac version when it comes out.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

gave up also

Yeah I gave up neat receipts with Parallels running Windows XP also.

I have Acrobat Professional and Photoshop so I will just live with organizing my receipts by scanning it in that way.

I'm very computer savy and I thought it was just me and I even tried downloading the real drivers from my Canon scanner and the virtual machine would not let me override the drivers.

Neat Receipts is going back to Costco. I actually like the NR software and thought it was worth the $150 alone.

I may try it again once the real Mac version comes out.

5. radarbob macrumors newbie

NeatReceipt Software for Mac is free to PC owners

PC users of neatreceipts can get a free copy of the mac software. Go to their web sight and *somewhere* in/around the "neatreceiptsfor mac" area is a link. Have to enter your scanner's serial number.

6. progx-us macrumors newbie

Good, Thanks.

I am agree witj you radarbob.
    Are you Neat Receipts specalist?
    I find veru useful information, for me in this topic, Thanks.

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

This thread is over a year and a half old, the person you responded to is unlikely to see your post. In any case, I don't believe they had any connection with Neat Receipts.

The Neat folks have updated their offerings a lot since this thread was started, but for my uses, the PC version is still far more appropriate. It really depends on what you plan on using it for.