Anyone scratched their Touch up bad yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmack549, Jan 26, 2008.

1. jmack549 macrumors 6502

My silver back is scratched moderately, and I have only tiny scratch on my screen. Anyone have some real scratched up?

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The back is a little scratched up but, it's the part I don't care about. I have no scratches on my screen and I'm also using a protective layer on my screen.

3. moparchris macrumors newbie

1 Day & the back is scratched already! I bought a leather hard case to protect it on the second day.

4. akm3 macrumors 68020

The back gets *ugly* and can't be helped. I haven't had any problem with the front though, and I don't use any sort of protection. I don't think it scratches easily.

5. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Invisible Shield went on mine the second it left the box so no, no scratches at all on mine.

6. TampabayMJ macrumors newbie

Mine is Scratched

The back of mine is scratched bad!

The screen has a small (pencil eraser sized) grouping of scratches. I have NO CLUE how I got them.

I am a US Postal Letter Carrier, and use my Touch for 8 or more hours per day, with it flopping around in my pocket. I really should get some sort of protection...

Definitely a little too late to maintain a "like new" condition!

7. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Yep that's the best case, it protects and looks classy. Use a case from day 1.

8. Delia macrumors member

I have plans to get one of those iSkin cases for my iPod touch when I do get one. I currently have a 5g ipod Video and I got one of those cases right off the bat, and 2 years later-- still no scratches!

9. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

i've got a pretty big scratch on the back of mine after dropping it the first week i had it but i soon put a hard case on it to prevent further mishaps:)

10. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Nothing on the screen, but a considerable amount of normal scratches that you would expect on the back.

11. aethelbert macrumors 601

I just brushed it. No smudges, fingerprints, grease or scratches (well, technically it is just scratched to the extent that it doesn't show). Looks a lot better than that shiny style, too.

12. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I find brushing to be difficult to get right.

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

I got it pretty good on my first try. No, it wasn't perfectly straight, but if you mess up all you have to do is brush some more.

14. Chimpy macrumors 6502

I have one tiny scratch on the glass front, and two dents in the back where I fell down and landed on the Touch in my pocket :).

Tough little bugger - I fell so that the Touch was sandwiched between the earbuds and my leg when I hit the ground and it had no damage other than two little dents where the earbuds impressed into the metal.