Anyone see this link about 2011 ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JakRox, Sep 8, 2010.

1. JakRox macrumors member

2. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

3. ccsicecoke macrumors regular

Bad mockup. I believe iPad 2 will still have 256mb. Since ipod touch 4 gets 256mb too

4. gatearray macrumors 65816

Meh.

1. read macrumors.com carefully
    2. repeat key speculations as fact in your blog
    3. profit

Nothing new here, just the Cliff's Notes of everything posted on page 1 and these forums over the past couple of months. Also, he was already proven wrong about the Apple TV... :)

And yes, that mock-up looks horrible.

5. wishddhp macrumors newbie

i have saw this link on Twitter before, it gives a reasonable suppose but actually we all not sure whether it's true or not, after all, we are not Apple Insiders or Steve Jobs, right?

6. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I agree, I personally felt that the mock-up was a bit of a step backwards for what Apple is.

I mean, we all love the sleek smoothness to the iPad. I just felt that in the mockup, things were getting a lil Busy. Like, why on earth would there be a black-bevel around the camera. Really tho. Not so pretty.

:)

I have a good feeling that the second iPad will have 512, cause really though, what more can you change with the next version besides adding a rear/or/front facing camera... Sure, you could ADD more storage, but frig, who needs that much space! I have a 64, and I cant fill er. I try.. i really do. But Im not gonna put 'junk' on there that I'll never view.

:)

Oh iPad.

7. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Front facing camera... Maybe.

Rear facing camera... Not going to happen. A rear camera on a device that big is just not practical, I wouldn't be caught dead waving my iPad around trying to take a video or picture, i'd look like an idiot :p

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

Betcha it has 512MB.

9. wishddhp macrumors newbie

as i know, 512MB might be the most possible

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

So, little faster processor with 512 MB RAM?
    Probably front facing camera...

That is not good enough.
    Either apple can put Retina Display or no buy.

11. WLS macrumors 65816

Not believable. If the back camera were true it would get in the way of the 3G/GPS module - the black bar on the top of our iPads with 3G. That would mean the mini iPad would not have 3G and that is just not acceptable.
    :(

12. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I doubt it will have a retina display, but definitely a resolution bump.

13. slammersq macrumors newbie

14. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

It really is the perfect platform for video chat over wifi or 3G.

15. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I think they should chop off a Mac book/pros screen and make it toutch lol. But I doo like the back of the screens as a design for an iPad. The next iPad will probably have a front facing camera and a lot more ram also a retina display. I dout they will add anything else. But consider this where will they put the front facing camera Longways across from the home button? Or Horizontal? Also I think they will (at least by then) make the iPad a little more computery, say a goodreader like app built in and som sort of file system (the computer like features prob won't happen but I can dream....: ) also maby a sd slot as a extra guess

16. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Mods, can we have a report stupidity button added to these forums?

I know that Apple doesn't give a **** whether you buy it or not, they can't make them fast enough as it is, any improvement will just increase the demand.

First off, Retina display is just a marketing ploy, it's not some magical screen that is perfect as I would imagine you to believe.

Wow. This is just such a stupid post, isn't it? "Apple better do this or else". Yeah, because they passed Microsoft's market share by listening to the constant bitching and whiners on Mac Rumors.

The resolution of a retina display on an iPad would have a higher resolution than the 27' iMac. You fail at logic and this board, feel free to express your 'opinions' in the wasteland forum though, I have a feeling you'll fit right in there. Tah Tah

17. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I think it's called facetime.;)

18. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Lol aside from completely destroying that guy your undeniably correct. Even if apple adds one feature to the iPad and 3 reviews say it's nothing special people will of course run to stores like rapid animals hungry for iPad 2nd gen. If you don't believe me look at the iPhone 3GS or the iPod touch.

19. wishddhp macrumors newbie

facetime, right:D

20. wishddhp macrumors newbie

another good news -- ipad 2 will have a front camera and facetime video chatting...cheers!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

21. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

Apple are making a big deal of the "see what I'm seeing" feature of Facetime. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rear-facing camera just to make the Facetime experience complete. That's not to say that it would be a good camera, I'd expect something closer to the iPod Touch than the iPhone 4.

22. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

That looks like something out of the Apple of 2004.

23. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

that's a bad looking mock-up, especially putting a pen/stylus w/ it...

24. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I like the 120gb on the back. Amusing. We won't see that for a LONG time. Prices are too high right now.

Pretty ugly mockup, too. I wouldn't buy it if that was the new design (which of course it isn't).

25. mjkasper macrumors newbie

I think the pen is there just to contrast the size of this model, not to imply the use of a stylus on the screen.