Anyone seen 15" high res at London Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrSingh, Apr 15, 2010.

1. MrSingh macrumors regular

want to see it in the flesh today before ordering - anyone seen it at regent street, brent cross or white city?

ps - i will be calling the stores but you know how some staff may provide 'misleading information' ;-)

2. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

as far as I know they're not available yet. they told me they could come in anytime from today to "in a month".. so apparently they have no clue when they will available. also note that the high res option will only be available as a matte screen in store. If you want a glossy high res 15", you need to order online.

3. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Apple has just shipped out the first of the "high resolution" models to online buyers. Mine shipped this morning. I expect that Apple will also be shipping out high resolution models to stores today as well.

All we really know is that they are manufacturing them. We cannot be certain when they will be in stores. Once people receive theirs, I'm sure that they will post pictures. I know that isn't as good as seeing one in person, but you can at least see what that resolution looks like on that size screen.

4. Z1NX macrumors member

Yeah I need this answered too.
    Definitely want to see it [the high-res] before buying.

Keep us updated if you see any anywhere in London.
    Btw, someone on the other thread said that the Apple staff told him that the Cambridge one will have the high-res in store tonight. Interesting, if true.

5. MrSingh thread starter macrumors regular

visited regent street and spoke to manager who said they haven't got any 15" high-res's instore but will be getting them soon - he just doesn't know when.

Apple is a bit strange sometimes - you'd think that at least AFTER they have released their 'magical' products that they would at least start letting their own management know when certain product options will be out on display - you know, those options that would net them EVEN MORE profit on top of the astronomical amounts they already make! after all, not all of us enjoy being apple's little 'desperate followers' :)

i sure do like some of Apple's products but i really think they need to look at the way they share info post-release of products. yes - secrecy is good for business but not AFTER release; that just plain doesn't make 'customer-service sense'.

so i guess i have to just phone regent street every now and then to find out when they get them. if that guy was a good manager he would take the email adds of those who want to see/buy a 15" high-res and mail them when they are ready to display/sell them in-store.

on the up side, a staff member showed me on a 17 inch what the res of the 15" would be like by changing the res setting. i then suggested we scale the image down to approximately 15" to get a rough idea - well, it looked good to me and text was easily readable.

6. amarcus macrumors 6502

I just visited the apple store in Cambridge and there were no 15inch macbook pros with high-res screen. Spoke to the manager and he said it might be awhile until they get any but he'll keep me posted.

Adam

P.S. The manager in cambridge got my email address to contact me when its in-store... guess he was a "good" manager ;)