Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
d3bc718c476ee3293efa23d4f06ddee2.jpg

Reactions: russkn87

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Problem with my double tour with my 42mm watch... The part that is wrapped around seems to wiggle it's way under the watch between my wrist and the heart rate monitor and locks the watch as I have wrist detection turn on. Any suggestions to resolve this would be great!

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Problem with my double tour with my 42mm watch... The part that is wrapped around seems to wiggle it's way under the watch between my wrist and the heart rate monitor and locks the watch as I have wrist detection turn on. Any suggestions to resolve this would be great!

That's why I like the band I just posted about. It's a "silly millimeter" thicker than other double tours and thus does not slip under the watch body. Also, 3under2 suggested in another thread:

"Another idea I had was to switch and have the long end coming out the top instead of the bottom. That way the buckle part would be on the inside of my wrist instead of outside."

In other words, put the buckle next to the skin on the bottom side of your wrist. I hope this makes sense! I've tried this with my Hermès band and it does work!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
how did u guys get the hermeswatchface on it? is it a wallpaper if so where can i get it

edit: nvm apparently i cant read :D

Last edited:

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
That's why I like the band I just posted about. It's a "silly millimeter" thicker than other double tours and thus does not slip under the watch body. Also, 3under2 suggested in another thread:

"Another idea I had was to switch and have the long end coming out the top instead of the bottom. That way the buckle part would be on the inside of my wrist instead of outside."

In other words, put the buckle next to the skin on the bottom side of your wrist. I hope this makes sense! I've tried this with my Hermès band and it does work!
While that band is fantastic. Unfortunately I'm not willing to spend $129 mine was around $25

I understand what you meant with wearing the band. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

SueC

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448600094.977036.jpg

I now have the following double tour from Aliexpress. Sorry link wouldn't work but the name is below. I also have the pink lucrin one (posted in ladies thread) and I think this is a better look, a bit wider, closer to the herme. It feels cheaper then the Lucrin but it is significantly cheaper so that isn't surprising. I bought the grey and blue and actually really like them both. I have only wore them a couple of times and lots of complements already. I am from Canada and picked shipping from the US and they shipped and arrived relatively quick.

New Fashion Leather Band & long paragraph Double Tour strap for apple watch 42mm / 38mm watchband.

Seller - Lens-O

Last edited:

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Hi Alli!

Any issues with the band going under the watch? Perhaps they are making them thicker now. I'd love to try again with this band :).

Nope. Still the same issue. I honestly think a double tour band is a lousy idea for an Apple watch. In order to keep the band from going under the watch, the band would have to be cut curved, not straight. Of course, that would double the price....

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I have this Hoco one which I like as a single tour and cuff but the double tour doesn't work at all for me; it just looks ugly. I've yet to see a photograph of the double tour that doesn't look awkward and clumsy to my eyes though so I think it's basically a style I just don't get.

SueC

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2015
I don't have any issues with mine going under the watch, but I do wear it more loose then I would a different band. When I put it on, I leave it a bit loose and pull the extra wrap so that the watch part is snug. The heart rate monitor still works and the extra band never goes under.

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
I don't have any issues with mine going under the watch, but I do wear it more loose then I would a different band. When I put it on, I leave it a bit loose and pull the extra wrap so that the watch part is snug. The heart rate monitor still works and the extra band never goes under.

Is it possible for you to post a picture? I can't quite picture what you mean.

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
I bought this Hermès band on eBay. I found that wearing it in this manner keeps it from slipping under the body of the watch. I'm wearing it a tiny bit loose, not tight.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

SueC

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2015
Is it possible for you to post a picture? I can't quite picture what you mean.

Mine are the blue and grey pictures above. All I mean is that I fight the urge to pull the band fully tight when I put it on. I leave it a bit loose and pull on the top of the loop beside the watch a bit, so it tightens more around the watch loop and leave the second loop (without the watch face) pretty lose. Sorry if that isn't clear. Really just try wearing the double tour at least 1 notch looser than you think you should, maybe too and pull the second loop, kind of at the top, so it pulls the band going from the bottom of your watch around your wrist a bit tighter.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have this Hoco one which I like as a single tour and cuff but the double tour doesn't work at all for me; it just looks ugly. I've yet to see a photograph of the double tour that doesn't look awkward and clumsy to my eyes though so I think it's basically a style I just don't get.

I have the Hoco three in one band which works as a single strap, a cuff or a double tour. I've been wearing it as a double tour for the past couple of weeks and I do find that sometimes the strap gets under neath the watch and thus locking it as it's no longer sitting flush on my wrist. It's not happened at all in the past few days but I'm always conscious that it might happen again. I'm not sure if it's because of the double tour design or the way I'm wearing it. I do like the double tour look as it's different and unusual so will keep wearing it for the time being. The quality id not as good as the official Hermes one but it's decent enough.

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Mine are the blue and grey pictures above. All I mean is that I fight the urge to pull the band fully tight when I put it on. I leave it a bit loose and pull on the top of the loop beside the watch a bit, so it tightens more around the watch loop and leave the second loop (without the watch face) pretty lose. Sorry if that isn't clear. Really just try wearing the double tour at least 1 notch looser than you think you should, maybe too and pull the second loop, kind of at the top, so it pulls the band going from the bottom of your watch around your wrist a bit tighter.
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.