Anyone seen any O2 3G smallprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by afd, Jul 3, 2008.

1. afd macrumors 6502a

was just wondering if anyone has seen any of the 3G contract details from O2? Would like to know when I could change my tarrif from £45 to £35, seem to recall reading in another thread that you could change after 9 months, but I couldn't find any info about the new contracts on the O2 site.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

3. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

As standard you can drop down one contract 'level' a month after 9 months (so you can't go from £75 to £30 in one jump, but £45 to £35 is OK).

The iphone specific stuff I guess we'll only hear a few days (or on the day of) launch... can't see them changing that part though. Their current iphone contract doesn't mention the 9 months.. but the 2G iphone wasn't subsidised so they didn't need it... with the new one they'll definately have this limit (otherwise you could get a free iphone, then drop once a month to £30 and they'd never get their money back). It's in the first paragraph of the standard contract though.

4. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I knew about the old contract, with it you could change tariff once a month, but like TonyHoyle says, I don't think it'll be the same for a subsidised phone.