Anyone seen current 13 rMBPs in the refurb store recently?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cmm, Mar 15, 2014.

1. cmm macrumors 6502a

I've been checking every day for the last week with no luck. Lots of 15 rMBPs show up in the refurb store, however.

Should I wait it out another week or so? Or have they not been sold on the refurb site yet?

I would prefer the small size of the 13, but I don't want to pay $1879 for 16gb of ram and 512gb ssd when I can get the 15 rMBP refurb with the same specs for only $2199...

Thanks!

2. stempsons macrumors regular

check the refurb store daily and in the morning. i snagged the newest version 13" rmbp with maxed memory and ssd for $2119. when i turned it on, i found that it had the i7 instead of the i5 2.6.

just be patient, the mid level and loaded 13's show up and sell out instantly from what i've seen.

3. cmm thread starter macrumors 6502a

You got a 1TB SSD and 16gb ram for only $2119? Damn!

I'll keep checking in the mornings, thanks. If I don't see anything by the end of the week, I'll just purchase the 15 rMBP in the refurb store.

4. stempsons macrumors regular

yep, and the i7. the i7 wasn't what was listed on the refurb store or the packing slip. but when i looked at the system properties there it was. pretty cool.

i would have gone with the 15" but, i need the small format for work. still great prices on the refurbs and they're basically like a new computer as far as i can tell.

5. cmm thread starter macrumors 6502a

How long ago did you snag this machine? I don't know how much longer I should wait to see if Apple will release any haswell 13s to the refurb store... I'm checking 6-8 times a day.

6. cmm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just pulled the trigger on this, http://store.apple.com/us/product/G...-28ghz-dual-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display

Wish it had 16gb of ram, but we'll see how it goes. I have 14 days to return it from when I receive it, so maybe something will show up in the refurb store...

The only 16gb refurb is the one you bought, with the 1tb ssd... I don't need that much space since I have a 12TB FreeNAS box, 512GB is perfect for me.

Thanks again!

7. stempsons macrumors regular

you're gonna love it! this is my first mac (20 year windows user) and i love it.