Anyone seen iPod Touch at WalMart Yet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by i-Want-Apples, Sep 19, 2008.

1. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

I was just curious if anyone has seen the iPod Touch at Wal-Mart yet. I really can't wait to get my hands on one, but haven't been able to find one locally yet... I know I can just order it, but the mailing/shipping in my area is really bad and things get lost or delivered to the wrong address all the time (A camcorder I bought online went to the neighbor down the street, luckily they were nice enough and brought it over to me... However, last year I ordered a customized laptop by mail and I was checking the delivery status, it said delivered, I didn't have it. So I contacted the shipper to find out that the package was signed for and delivered, never did find out who received it, but I never did get it... So now I'm not really excited about ordering things online) So, I just prefer to buy things locally.

The only stores that I could get it at locally are Radio Shack, they said to just order because there is no telling when they will get it. Kmart, they still have touches at the original prices and the person that runs the electronics counter doesn't even seem to know what an MP3 player really is. And then there is Wal-Mart, which seems like it will be the most promising option. I've been watching and they've not had any yet, that I know of and the employees I have asked don't seem to release there is evena 16gb iPod Touch. However, I noticed last night they had a sticker for the 2g 16gb iPod Touch... I'm not sure if they happened to slip a few in while I wasn't there and they all sold (Small town, not very likely to be a ton of people waiting for it, but always a possiblity) or if they maybe just put the sticker up in prep for delivery sometime.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has seen them at Wal-Mart and/or had better luck when asking if/when they will be getting them!

Thanks

2. arholmes macrumors newbie

The Wal-Mart here in Greeneville TN received just one of the 8gb Ipod Touch the other day. I just came back from there and it is still in the display case not sold yet. When I went a few days ago they didn't have any of the new nanos but they had loads of them today in every color.

3. Funplex macrumors regular

Do you have some sort of bizarre address or something? Ive lost packages twice in my life and I've lived in numerous states.

I seriously hope someone compensated you for the laptop computer because it's their responsibility to ensure the correct recipiant when taking a signature for something like that.

4. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks arholmes... That gives me some hope. I was really hoping to be able to get it today and have some time to play with it over the weekend :D I went this morning and nothing, so I will check later tonight. I'm wanting to get the 16gb and that is the one they have the tag up for, they still have the tags for both of the older 8gb models, but the did lower the prices on both of them a little more than they had them previously. They have a few (3 I think) of the upgraded software models in the 8gb left. The only Nanos we have are the older ones and the shuffles I believe are all the old ones as well. The only new iPod they have had, that I have seen is the classic.

As far as my address, it isn't really weird, for some reason a lot of people in the area have the same issue. Most of the neighbors (friendly ones that is) know the issue and have experienced it as well, so they are nice enough to give you your packages when they receive them... But, there are always bad apples, no pun intended :p , and I think that is what happened. I think it may have been because they seen the company name on the box and thought they might have gotten a good deal. I didn't get compensated, they said they had a signature and there was nothing more I could do... I ended up getting a very similar laptop from the local Staples and having them deliver it there and then I picked it up.

Thanks again for your replies... I will keep my fingers crossed I will have it soon enough!

5. Funplex macrumors regular

I would have atleast filed a formal complaint through the better business bureau-- for the shippers who let the box go without a proper signature. Thats insane to have to eat the costs for a comp like that.

6. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

The Walmart near me has the new Nanos but no Ipod Touches yet. (unless they sold out)

7. BigAlTouch macrumors newbie

well i got mine at my walmart on wednesday night. It is awesome, couldnt have been happier to wait since june to get it. I missed out at bestbuy and circuiticity earlier in the day, and went to get my wife some cough medicine at walmart, just happened to walk by the electronics, completely forgot they had that at walmart and bam!! last 16GB touch in stock.

8. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again everyone. I went on a hunt this weekend to just about every Wal-Mart within a reasonable distance to check what they had (I've just found that calling the Wal-Marts isn't a good way to find out, everyone seems to think there isn't a new one out) I found one Wal-Mart with the new Nanos, but not very many colors left, new shuffles and some classics. Most of the Wal-Marts I checked didn't even have the tag out for the new Touch. So, I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

I finally was able to talk to a lady at my local Wal-Mart and she said they had one 16gb 2g in stock this last week. But, she said they sold it before it even touched the shelf. She said that they don't receive any notice when they will be getting them in stock so the best thing to do is just keep checking in.

I was planning to just order it from Best Buy today, but when I checked a little bit ago to order it they are backordered now. I don't think it is worth getting it a few weeks earlier and potentially not getting it back at all. So, It I will just wait.

Thanks again for letting me know what you have seen, hopefully I will find one sooner than later. I've calmed down a little bit and don't feel like I'm in withdrawl :D The main reason I think that I really have been a little impatient is because I had one about a month ago, never opened it and was planning to wait, thinking I could actually get it on the 9th :rolleyes: and now I just can't wait to get my hands on one, for the first time!

Thanks again!

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

For some reason, I never think if WalMart when shopping for electronics. It's usually BestBuy or CircuitCity. I love WalMart for everything else though.

10. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest hexonxonx, I don't really think of Wal-Mart when it comes to electronics either. But, being where I live and the issues I have with shipping, it is the easiest, most convenient option for me. It seems like every time I go out of town to purchase something at a major store for electronics, I always end up having problems and it becomes a bigger hassel to take care of them. Wal-Mart is definitely not the best option when it comes to electronics, especially if you need help with your purchase, but they supply (usually) the things I want, so it works out.

I will be moving to a bigger city next year and will be surrounded by many options for my electronic needs... I will definitely not be using Wal-Mart after I move :) But for now, it works good enough and gets me by, again, usually :p

Sorry to bother, again, but I was just thinking. I will be going to my vacation home soon, at that house I don't have issues with receiving mail, but there are still no major electronic stores around. So, I was thinking about ordering it and sending it there. However, I was just curious if Amazon would be an okay choice to purchase from... I've purchased from them a few times in the past and never had any problems, however, I've also never had to deal with them over a faulty product (the only thing I've ordered from them that didn't work properly was a stereo system last Christmas and it just so happened the box and everything got tossed out with all the other things, so we weren't able to return it ) Do they handle exchanges to bad products okay? Is so, do you have to call, can you e-mail, etc? I'm a little concerned because the last product I bought that was known to have problems with dead pixels was a PSP and I ended up having three that had to be returned because it, so I'm not sure if Amazon would be a good option for an iPod or not.

Thanks again!

11. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I always walk thru electronics at Wal-mart when I'm there and so far I haven't seen any of the new Touch's or Nano's.

The old one's are on sell now though so it looks like they are expecting them soon

Eric

12. njguyfla macrumors member

Normally when Walmart is sold out of an item they sell they will keep one in the display case.

13. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

My son bought his 8gb iPod touch at Walmart last Friday. $246 out the door.

14. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Actually, F the idiots who think this film has any factual information.

OT: I have been watch all three of my local Wal-Marts and just like BB/CC I have only seen the new iPod Nanos an no Touches whatsoever. They are far better than Target in getting things, go figure

15. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

So far my Wal-Mart hasn't put any of the new iPods on display and only one Wal-Mart I visited over the weekend had the new Nanos on display. I'm not sure if maybe they haven't got any yet or what.

I'm still considering ordering it online and shipping to my other house since I will be there for some time, but I'm not sure which site to use. Circuit City and Best Buy are out of stock right now and I don't know how long I will be staying there, so I don't want to order and then not be there. Amazon has some and Radio Shack also just added some, Radio Shack appears to be a little faster for shipping.

I've not dealt with Radio Shack much at all, is their return policy good, for defective items? There is a Radio Shack near me, so I would be able to go right to the store to take care of any problems, so I think that is a plus.

Also, one thing that I have been really curious on because of the lack of supply. If you have a defective product and you take it back to the store, but they don't have any in stock, what would they do?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions again!

16. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

You should check out Sears too, I know its kinda odd place but here where I live, Sears was selling it a couple $ cheaper then anywhere else. But they had it in stock too. No harm in looking

17. holden15 macrumors member

I was just at Walmart at they have the new iPod shuffle, classic and nano but not the new iPod touch.

18. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the idea LeahM. I checked at a Sears while I was out of town over the weekend and they didn't have any in stock, they actually didn't have any iPods. I've also been watching their site and so far I've only seen cases for the touch.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to order it now to avoid the hassel of trying to catch one in store. I just want to make sure before I would order anything that the model number is: MB531LL/A From what I have looked at and checked, that seems right, but I barely order online, so I never trust myself!

Thanks!