Anyone seen one in store?

rick987611

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
I was planning to pick up the stock config, and see orders are kicked back to deliver in about 2 weeks. Has anyone seen one in store yet? I'd love to be able to go to the store and pick one up, I'm on vacation this week, so it would be perfect.

dlewis23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
All the stores around me do not have them and they do not know when they will be getting them for display or sale.

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
I talked to sales person at the local The Mac Store and they said probably the first week of November. Apple's stores might get them a little sooner though.

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Sigh...available "today" my ass...for pre-order maybe. New machines always in store the day of or the day following an "available today" announcement.

No one at stores have any clue still...called again today. Not cool Apple.

tillsbury

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2007
they're selling every one they can make and more. They can realistically worry about putting them on show later...

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
they're selling every one they can make and more. They can realistically worry about putting them on show later...
So should they have never released the iPhone 6 through the retail store channel since they would still be selling all they could make nearly a month later?

It's to their benefit to get a few in the stores so even more customers can look/feel/demo and decide if they want to purchase. The displays at the very least.

Very unlike Apple to have an actual product "launched" and not even have a store demo. Poor planning, simple as that.

Funny too because of any product, you'd like the 5K iMac is something they'd REALLY want to show off.