Anyone seen one in store?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rick987611, Oct 20, 2014.

1. rick987611 macrumors member

I was planning to pick up the stock config, and see orders are kicked back to deliver in about 2 weeks. Has anyone seen one in store yet? I'd love to be able to go to the store and pick one up, I'm on vacation this week, so it would be perfect.

2. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

All the stores around me do not have them and they do not know when they will be getting them for display or sale.

3. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

I talked to sales person at the local The Mac Store and they said probably the first week of November. Apple's stores might get them a little sooner though.

4. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Sigh...available "today" my ass...for pre-order maybe. New machines always in store the day of or the day following an "available today" announcement.

No one at stores have any clue still...called again today. Not cool Apple.

5. tillsbury macrumors 65816

they're selling every one they can make and more. They can realistically worry about putting them on show later...

6. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

So should they have never released the iPhone 6 through the retail store channel since they would still be selling all they could make nearly a month later?

It's to their benefit to get a few in the stores so even more customers can look/feel/demo and decide if they want to purchase. The displays at the very least.

Very unlike Apple to have an actual product "launched" and not even have a store demo. Poor planning, simple as that.

Funny too because of any product, you'd like the 5K iMac is something they'd REALLY want to show off.