Anyone seen the 17" with the new displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Applenewb, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Applenewb macrumors member

I ordered one :p

I hear everyone raving about the LED in the 15", hoping to hear some positive reviews if anyone has seen the new 17" in an apple store, thanks.

2. Jessy macrumors regular

The 17-inch doesn't have the LED, but if you're talking about the high res screen, that ought to be awesome.

3. quik macrumors regular

The 17" with HD is NOT in any of the Apple Store.

We will get some reviews when people will start getting their notebook from the online store. AFAIK, no one got their MBP shipped yet (Not mine, too).

4. Jessy macrumors regular

I like that you call it "HD" and the Apple Store calls it "High Resolution". I even said "high res" above. I'm pretty sure every Apple laptop ever created had something that could be considered a "high resolution" or "high definition" screen. When will it end? WHEN WILL IT END?!!??!

Edit: The first Macintosh portable had a 9.8" 1-bit 640 x 400 pixel screen. That's 77 ppi by my calculations. The 17-inch with the 1920x1200 screen is 133 ppi (vs. 98 ppi for the cinema display with the same pixel dimensions.) My grandpa, on the other hand, has a 52-inch projection CRT SDTV, which has 17 ppi horizontally and 15 ppi vertically. Compare any portable Mac to that and try telling him it's not high-definition.