Anyone seen this before on MBP lcd?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sandstrom, May 11, 2010.

1. sandstrom macrumors member

This is my second MBP because of yellow tinge. This one has it as well, but it is less.

Anyway, when I test my photos in Photoshop with eye dropper tool I can clearly see that the middle of the screen is brighter and when I look from and angle I can clearly see a white field in the middle of the lcd. Can this get worse over time? Should I take this one back as well?

Attached Files:

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

It's a laptop screen, you're going to have to make some compromises - doubt you'd ever get a perfect one.

3. aibo82 macrumors 6502

It's a premium Brand and priced laptop! You should expect perfect screens, screen technology has moved on loads and high end screens should have perfect panel uniformity and zero pixle tollerance for a notebook of this price!

I'd send it back I mean how you goin to do photos if it's not uniform!

Apple are getting worse with displays I went through the yellow 3gs ipho e lottery now the MacBooks are doin the same are they workin under candle light in china?

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Perfect is not going to happen or even be close with a TN display, but there is clearly a defect with your display.

5. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Hate to break it to you but price doesn't matter; fact is it's a laptop that uses a TN display - you're not going to get anywhere near a "perfect" screen.

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Agreed. I was hoping that Arrandale refresh would include an IPS screen, alas that was not the case.

7. cloakedpegasus macrumors member

Screen quality is definetely NOT ips quality

The fact that its TN dissapoints much. When I have my ipad next to this laptop I get bummed out that this cost 6x as much and the ipad screen looks 6x better. Death to TN screens!