Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
DSC_1627.jpg

hey so mucho problemo. check out the screen. it worked fine for a day and then this popped upi bought a macbook from someone who claimed to have just damaged the keyboard with a spill but it looks like the problems much worse. i took it to apple like an idiot thinking they might do something for me but they quoted me $1260 for keyboard, topcase, dc board they said the cause of the picture distortion is the logic board. is it infact the logic board has anyone ran into this problem???

triddent222

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Somewhere interesting
It probably is in fact the logic board. Maybe the spill damaged a bit more than just the keyboard.

Other than that, it could be drivers issue (which I doubt), does this happen when you start up the MBP as well (grey screen with Apple in the center)?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
bought a flood MacBook... :eek:

Some of the stuff you can spill in the machine, eats away at the electronics.

My brother spilled a drink on the keyboard, and it destroyed it. Actually ate away the traces on the keyboard.

Would hate to see what it does to a machine that is turned on.

iMacBook

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2007
Down by the bay.
I'm going to suggest this; don't flame me and whatnot. But, this is just a guess.

Hit ctrl+option+cmd+8. See what that does.

If it doesn't do anything, then I was wrong and this was a useless post.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
I'm going to suggest this; don't flame me and whatnot. But, this is just a guess.

Hit ctrl+option+cmd+8. See what that does.

If it doesn't do anything, then I was wrong and this was a useless post.

out of curiosity whats that supose to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.