Anyone seen this iTunes issue??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flynnst0ne, Dec 14, 2008.

1. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but its a start...

I just setup a new PC and got vista ultimate 64 up and running. iTunees installs fine, however i have graphics and display issues once it launches.,. I've uninstalled Itunes8 and reinstalled 7.7 (both 64bit), and that didnt work either...

Anyone experience this particular issue? Howd you fix it?

Here's a screen shot of what i'm goin through...

[​IMG]

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Maybe not the right forum to ask as it is this is for Apple apps on Apple machines, but I don't think it is bad thing other than that not many people would be able to help you here. I would check out a vista (64-bit) forum and ask there as the solution might be more readily available there.

One thing I do know is that Apple originally had issues with iTunes on Vista and again with the 64 bit version. From what I've read it is mainly with pre 7.5-.6 versions of iTunes and has been fixed since. Version 8.something seems to have caused some graphical glitches with Vista, the solutions I have found so far are:

Windows Vista

1. Click the Windows icon.
    2. Open the Control Panel.
    3. Click Personalization.
    4. Click Display Settings.
    5. Under Colors, change the settings from 16(bit) to 32(bit) then click "Apply."

Another is to simply resize the itunes window so it refreshes.

Another I found was an issue with Samsung monitors and a utility called MultiScreen that's installed with their software/drivers. Disabling it in the start up configuration (msconfig from the Command prompt) or completely uninstalling it fixed the issue those were having. (edit, looking at your desktop shortcuts you seem to have MultiScreen, so this would be a good place to start. I'm not too familiar with the msconfig, so maybe you can launch MultiScreen and turn that option off if possible. Or maybe it places something in the startup config of Vista and needs to be disabled from there)

The last solution I found, appearing to be the most recent and possibly most relavent is:

If you go to C:\Program Files\itunes\ (or where you installed i-tunes)
    and right click on i-tunes.exe and go to the compatibility tab.

Just choose the Disable Desktop composition, and disable visual themes

click apply and ok.

The next time you start up I-tunes you'll get a warning about this version being used with out-dated compatibility (the warning is from i-tunes not Vista). just hit ok and i-tunes will load normally

Here's the trick

go back to i tunes.exe and right click and uncheck those two options.

i tunes will now load without the error and look normal.

Some of these were found at Apple's "for iTunes on Windows" forum.